One More Full Day of Spring..Showers Tomorrow Night...Mar 12th
- A lovely ridge of high pressure continues to hold across southern BC bringing another day of mainly sunny skies and double digit temperatures
- A weak cold front is tracking down the west coast today, bringing a few showers to Vancouver Island later this afternoon. By the time the front gets to the south coast tonight however, it will run into our protective ridge and all but fizzle out. Look for increasing clouds tonight though
- Back to the sun to start tomorrow.. but the next rain-maker will push through the ridge for tomorrow evening bringing Thursday overnight showers and for much of Friday too
- Good chance we will see the sun again by Friday afternoon, but a new system will slide in for a wet Saturday...likely lingering through Sunday as well
Southern Ontario Blizzard Hitting Now..Maritimes Tonight
- Heavy blowing snow is being reported right now in Toronto thanks to a storm system that has spread snow and strong winds as far east as southern Quebec this afternoon
- Already snowfall amounts are around 10 cm in downtown Toronto, 16 cm in Windsor. Some areas may see 25 cm locally by the time it tapers off tonight
- Blowing snow will continue to be an issue tonight even after the snow ends: Several flights were cancelled at Toronto's Pearson airport this morning, with more delays and cancellations expected through the day.
- With a current wind chill of -17 in Toronto thanks to bitterly cold winds, it 'feels' 27 degrees colder today than yesterday
- The storm will push into the Maritimes for tonight: Winter storm, rainfall and flash freeze warnings are in place for the Maritimes provinces for tonight - it's a doozy.