Gusty Winds But Clearing Skies For the Last Day of Winter...March 20th
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- A cold front pushed through the south coast last night bringing 12-22 mm of rain to Vancouver, along with a fresh 20-25 cm to the local mountains, but also a fresh 10-25 cm to the southern mountain passes
- Snow will continue to fall for the mountain passes through to this evening for another 10-20 cm - special weather statements are in place for the winter driving
- Meanwhile, skies are clearing out quickly for Vancouver as we get behind the front that continues to track east
- Winds have shifted and are now veering to gust westerly. Gusty conditions, especially neart the water will remain through the day
- A ridge of high pressure will continue to build over the next couple of days for mainly sunny skies through to Friday afternoon.
- Temps will be a touch on the cool side though and there will be a slight risk of as shower with the onshore flow tomorrow with the sunshine
- The next system looks to be a weak one for a fe showers Saturday night - back to sun Sunday
Signs of Spring were everywhere this morning on the Seawall..
Last Day of Winter
- And good riddance..
- The first day of spring is tomorrow, March 20, at officially 3:57 p.m. PDT
- Unfortunately Spring is a cold start for at least the first 5-7 days almost from coast to coast
- Meanwhile the same storm that tracked through Ontario/Quebec early this morning is bringing 20+cm to parts of the Maritimes today
- AND there are snowfall warnings in place for the foothills of Alberta for 20+cm with the BC storm that continues to track east