Another Nice Day..But Rain Starts Tonight...Mar 13th
- Our ridge of high pressure held strong last night, letting only a few drops of rain in to metro Vancouver. Sun back out for most this afternoon
- But, our ridge is drifting eastward, allowing the next Pacific system to roll on in in full force tonight
- Clouds will thicken up this evening and showers will likely begin after ~8pm and continue through the overnight, becoming heavy at times
- A general 10-20 mm is expected tonight with another 10-15 mm tomorrow morning along with gusty winds
- The rain should taper off by the afternoon, and the sun should even make an appearance for Friday pm
- Rain returns for Saturday with periods of rain for Sunday as well. Winds may be an issue this weekend as well...
All worth it for days like today..
Atlantic Canada Snowstorm
- The same storm that hammered Ontario & Quebec yesterday, pushed into the east coast last night
- Heavy snow, rain, freezing rain and damaging winds are all occurring across the Maritime provinces this afternoon, before colder air moves in for all
- Already as much as 43 cm has fallen in Gagetown NB, along with 32 cm in Bathurst NB and a mix of snow/rain/freezing rain for Saint John..and the snow will keep falling until this evening
- School closed & flights canceled across NB, who is getting the worst of the snow, along with power outages and treacherous roads. Officials asking folks to stay off the streets today
- As temperatures begin to drop today behind the centre of the storm, Nova Scotia will see the rain that has been falling turn to ice. Flash freeze warnings have been issued in Nova Scotia as water covered surfaces such as roadways and sidewalks may quickly become ice covered.
- Blowing snow is expected to continue throughout the day across the Maritimes, with blizzard warnings in effect for parts some
- Newfoundland is also getting hit today as the front end of the system tracks NE - mainly getting a mix of snow & rain in the west, and heavy rain for the Avalon. Localized flooding is a concern.
- Conditions should begin to improve overnight but folks will wake up to bitterly cold wind chills..
Toronto Digging Out in the Cold
- Wind chills are in the minus double digits across southern Ontario & southern Quebec but at least the sun is out?!
- A brief warm-up with showers is on tap for tomorrow before temps look to stay below seasonal all next week
Local State of Emergency in Lethbridge, AB
- The water in Lethbridge was deemed unsafe to drink today, as levels in its reservoir dipped critically low.
- Health officials asked residents to restrict water use as rising temperatures and a rapid snow melt made the community's Oldman River murky.
- People are being asked to shorten showers, avoid using dishwashers and refrain from doing laundry for the time being. Pools and arenas were also closed on Wednesday in an effort to conserve water use.
com/news/articles/local-state- of-emergency-water-in- lethbridge-alberta-unsafe-to- drink-from-the-tap-health- officials-say/23155/