One More Storm Tonight..But More Sunny Breaks & Showers Ahead...Feb 19th
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- A lovely Wednesday for most across the south coast, although rain & snow showers are still popping up for the North Shore as we head into the afternoon
- The next system (#8!) will arrive tonight bringing yet another round of rain, mountain snow and gusty winds.
- Looks like the rain will start for Vancouver around 7pm tonight bringing another 10-15 mm of rain and another 10-20 cm for the mountains (and mountain passes). Avalanche danger remains high across much of the province again today
- Rain will taper to showers tomorrow morning with the sun returning as well. Westerly winds though will remain gusty through the day
- Our drying trend continues into Friday as a weak high pressure builds into place, so lots more sun, but slightly cooler temps as the general flow come in from the NW
- Quite a bit of uncertainty for the weekend weather though: a general westerly flow will bring in the potential for showers through the weekend between sunny breaks at this point with the snow levels low enough that the mountains will see this as flurries. But the models have not been in agreement for timing so while it won't be a wash-out of a weekend, hard to say if we will walk away from it saying it was a good one yet or not
Gorgeous North Shore cumulus today..with rain & snow showers
Seasonal & Sunny Thursday in Sochi..But Showers Return for End of Week
- Temps will continue to slowly creep up in the sunshine over the next 24 hours but will still be a good 5 degrees cooler than the heat we saw last week
- Temps may be a concern in the mountain cluster tomorrow as they get above zero at the top of the venues..
- Looks like showers are back for Friday before sunny skies and a warm day on Saturday at this point
Winter Storm Hitting Atlantic Canada Tonight
- Just another snow storm day for the east coast - many schools in the Maritimes were cancelled today as heavy, blowing snow pushed into the region causing problems once again on the roads. Already 10-30 cm has fallen across the Maritimes today
- Heavy snow is just moving into St John's this afternoon as the same storm marches NE
- More storms on tap as the storm track leads the rain & winds hitting southern Ontario tomorrow into the east coast for Thursday & Friday
- All sorts of weather warnings in place
Eastern Canada Warm-up..But it Comes With Storms
- Toronto is now sitting a 2 degrees and people are pumped: first time Toronto has not been that 'mild' since that January 10-15 thaw
- Temps may climb up to a balmy 5 or 6 this afternoon for southern Ontario with temps climbing across Atlantic Canada and the US eastern seaboard over the next few days
- However, the warm push is coming via two developing weather systems, one from Alberta and the other from Texas, that will be tracking towards the Great Lakes, where they are forecast to merge and rapidly intensify Thursday.
- Rainfall warnings are already in place for heavy rain and strong winds tomorrow along with the rising temps and melting snow
Follow @CBCClaire & @CBCWeather for the latest