Rounds of Showers Today, Cooling Down & Clearing Out Ahead...Jan 30th
- A modified arctic air mass is sliding down from the NE to the south coast today bringing heavier rounds of showers
- As temperatures drop tonight, precip should start to taper off but there may be some locations that see some wet snow or ice pellets this evening
- That also means tonight is out best chance for local mountain snow - maybe 5-7 cm ;(
- The new arctic air mass will settle into place for Friday and through the weekend bringing drier conditions and cooler temperatures for the mountains
- We may see a few showers or flurries Saturday morning thanks to a spinning low that is still sitting over top of us
- Saturday & Sunday should see a good mix of sun and cloud.. afternoon highs will hit around 5 or 6 with overnight lows getting close to zero...
- Slight chance for showers again Monday but drying right back out next week
- Temps will continue to drop through early next week though with -5 or colder overnights by Monday & Tuesday and afternoon highs that may stay at the freezing mark!
New Blowing Snow for Ontario Roads, But Warmer For a Few Days
- An approaching clipper system from Northwestern Ontario and a strong Arctic high pressure area over the Ohio Valley will once again produce strong and gusty winds across southern Ontario tonight (did they ever really end??!)
- Localized blowing and drifting snow and associated poor visibilities are expected to redevelop this afternoon ahead of the front with 5+cm starting tonight
- State of emergency still in place for Dufferin county with more snow in the way tonight: https://twitter.com/
Follow @CBCWeather for latest updates
First weather map of brown dwarf: Surface of nearest brown dwarf charted
- The European Southern Observatory's Very Large Telescope has been used to create the first ever map of the weather on the surface of the nearest brown dwarf to Earth.