More Sun This Weekend..Cold Overnights Ahead...Jan 31st
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- A 7-10 cm of fresh snow for the local mountains last night with snow levels down around 600 m. But that's pretty much it for substantial precip in the long haul
- An arctic high pressure system will continue to sit over the south coast this weekend keeping temps around 5/6 in the afternoon and below zero overnight. Nice and cold for the mountains
- We may see some patchy fog develop through the overnights but not expecting another 'fogcouver' stretch this weekend. A mix of sun and cloud tomorrow and Sunday
- Best chance of any 'weather' this weekend will come with a weak disturbance that swings through bringing the chance for some light snow across the south coast Saturday night through to Sunday night. Sig accumulations not expected at this point
- Arctic ridge holds through next week for another incredible dry (and very cold) stretch through to at least Thursday
- Long, long range hints at -next- weekend snow before warming up
Sight for sore eyes this morning.. from our Gastown Cam
Southern Ontario Storm Watch
- Snowfall warnings have been issued for most of southern Ontario for a storm system that will bring heavy snow plus messy conditions this weekend
- After a week of brutally cold temperatures and snow squalls the story this weekend is snow, but milder air
- Snow will start early tomorrow for the GTA but there will be a big difference in snow totals depending on how much rain mixes in with the snow: 10 cm for downtown but up to 20 cm for areas to the north
- Same story for Ottawa & Montreal Saturday afternoon
First look at snowfall totals from @CBCWeather. Mixing south of HWY 401 will be forecast challenge.
But the Storm Just Misses the Super Bowl
- After weeks of speculation and long range forecasts that made it look like 'Winter Super Bowl in New York' jokes were going to be flying...forecast doesn't look half-bad now
- The worst-case scenarios for Super Bowl Sunday are becoming a distant memory- weather shouldn't be a huge factor in the end
- Temps will start off around 9 degrees...dropping to 4 or 5 through the game. Mix of sun and cloud expected with breezy but not strong winds
- The day the NFL made the historic announcement that Super Bowl XLVIII would be the first outdoor Super Bowl ever to be held in a cold-weather city- meteorologists around the country gasped
Powerful Storm Battering Ireland and UK
- Yet another powerful storm blasted across Ireland and the United Kingdom today with gusty winds and heavy rainfall.
- The heaviest rainfall is occurring right now for London and flooding is a concern for parts of western Europe over the next 24 hours
- It's Groundhog day this Sunday