Happy New Year! Chilly Start to 2014..Even for the Polar bears in YVR
- I will be heading down to do the annual polar bear dip in English Bay for 2:30 pm. Cray.
canada/toronto/polar-bear- dips-deep-freeze-won-t- dissuade-swimmers-1.2481075
Polar Bear Dip 2013...
Vancouver - Rain Starts Tonight
- Temps in English Bay will be around 5 degrees...but around 8 out of the water
- Fairly dry today but rain will begin this evening with an approaching Pacific fonrtal system.
- Rain will continue through tomorrow before tapering off tomorrow evening. 10-20 mm totals
- Sunshine with dropping temps this weekend - getting below zero starting Sat night for afternoon highs just a few above freezing for Sunday
- Could see some snow early next week!
Arctic Air Tracks East
- Wind chill warnings now in place for much of Northern ON/QC through to Newfoundland for -35 to -50 values tonight
- Still cold though across the Prairies but it's -35 wind chills tonight rather than -45..seriously
Blizzard to Reach From NYC to Boston Thursday Night
- The storm will affect more than 70 million people in the Midwest and the Northeast combined and could have a major negative impact on travel for people returning from holiday destinations, heading back to school or resuming business activities.
- Only brushing Canada
weather-news/northeast- snowstorm-alert-thursday/ 21493316