Couple Snowy Days Ahead for Vancouver Before Mid-Week Warm-Up...Dec 9th
- After a frigid, but sunny weekend, we trade the arctic wind chills for light snow over the next couple of days
- High pressure still dominates offshore, but it is directing Pacific moisture in from the northwest. Light snow/snow grains began for much of Vancouver around 9 am this morning and will continue on and off through to tomorrow afternoon for the south coast
- YVR has picked up trace amounts and parts of Vancouver could see around 2 cm accumulations by this evening. Another 2 cm through the overnight and tomorrow morning as the moist northwesterly flow persists.
- Temps will be hovering around -1 to +1 today & tomorrow so freezing drizzle, snow grains will lead to slippery roads
- The weather pattern changes again starting Tuesday evening. A significant Pacific frontal system will finally spread substantial precipitation to central and northern BC early Wednesday.
- Still some uncertainty in the models but looks like the precip gets to the south coast for Wed afternoon. At this point though, milder air will begin to move in - snow will likely change over to rain through Wednesday
- From Wednesday onward we are back to seasonal temps of 4-7 degrees but that comes with a more typical, stormy pattern. Soggy outlook for the end of the week and weekend
Prairies Still in the Deep-Freeze
- After a brief break from the extreme cold yesterday and today in Alberta, temps are plunging again tonight and tomorrow along with fresh snow.
- Below minus 30 wind chills expected for Alberta along with 10-20 cm of snow for the foothills and blowing snow across S Ab & S SK
- Meanwhile, much of SK & MB remain in the below minus 35 wind chill range today
- Some recovery in the forecast for BC & SK this week - getting back up to zero by Wed/Thu...but no recovery in the near future for Manitoba! Staying in below -20 temps all week.
US Weekend Storm --->Ontario Messy Driving Today
- The same system that brought another round of extreme winter weather to the US over the weekend, brought cooler temperatures and light snow to Toronto and area starting Sunday
- Just a few cm this morning with slippery roads, but lake effect will kick in over the next couple of days for heavy, isolated snowfall amounts
- Meanwhile, some good pics out of the US from the weekend of snow and ice avalanches in Texas falling on cars & the winter wonderland for the National Football League playing fields
com/news/articles/wintry- storm-hits-us-damaged-cars- stranded-drivers-and-flight- cancellations-reported/17630/
Follow @CBCWeather for the latest Canadian weather updates
Not to be Left Out - Wintry Mess for Atlantic Canada Today Too
- Yet Another storm system bringing 5-10 cm of snow to Maritimes today, Atlantic Canada tomorrow along with gusty winds
@KalinCBC has you covered out east
Lake on Mars could have teemed with microbial life
- Minerals identified by Nasa's Curiosity Mars rover suggest lake contained water of low salinity and neutral pH suitable for life