Cold Week Ahead..Showers For Tonight...Nov 4th
- After Saturday's big storm, high pressure built in nicely for a clear but crisp Sunday. Clear & crisp sticks around for today.
- Temperatures last night got down to -1 for YVR and won't top out much past 7 or 8 this afternoon
- Clouds will begin to increase later this afternoon for showers to start late evening hours (~8pm) thanks to a weak frontal system that will bring light rain through the overnight before tapering by the afternoon tomorrow
- The valley and east Vancouver will see the showers linger longer than coastal sections for tomorrow, and places like Vancouver & Victoria should see the sun again by the afternoon
- But temps will still be on the cool side; with highs around 8 all week in fact
- A stronger system will move in for Wednesday night for a stormy Thursday.. at this point looks like lingering showers/rain through the weekend along with the cool temps
Fresh snow this weekend up at Whistler! Cold temperatures, more snow this week, and snow machines in full force all helping to get ready for Nov 28th opening day.
Alberta Weekend Snow Tracks East
- After heavy snow this weekend for parts of Alberta, the same system is tracking east today, bringing the first significant snowfall of the season to parts of Central Saskatchewan yesterday, and Central Manitoba this morning
- The Saskatoon area received near 7 cm of snow making it the first significant snowfall of the season for the city.
- Temps remain cool right across the Prairies today with wind chill values in the minus double digits today
India's Mars mission blasts off tomorrow (1am PT tonight for us)
- India is aiming to become the fourth nation in the world's deep-space pioneers with a journey to Mars that it hopes will showcase its technological ability
- Scheduled to enter orbit around Red Planet on Sept. 24, 2014
technology/india-s-mars- mission-blasts-off-tomorrow-1. 2355368