Fog Remains a Forecast Challenge Next Few Days..Clear & Cold Coming! Oct 24th
- Although parts of Vancouver woke up to sunshine for the first time in a week...other sections still shrowded in fog. YVR continues to report low visibilities and fog
- High pressure and an inversion still in place so warmer at higher elevations, but the biggest forecast challenge comes with an upper level low pressure system that may deepen the fog coverage for Friday & Saturday
- Fog will build back in for the strait tonight and there is a chance the fog may lead to morning drizzle for some.
- We will hope for afternoon clearing tomorrow though once again, but it may be harder with that low in place
- Same story on Saturday with the chance for lingering fog but big changes ahead for Sunday
- An arctic cold front will slide down across BC for Sunday ushering in much cooler temperatures (overnight lows in the below zero range!) along with clear & dry conditions. The system will mix out all the fog and bring real crisp fall weather starting Sunday
Parts of S Ontario gets Lake Effect Snow... Summer Heat in Alberta
- Lake effect flurries occurred overnight on the lee shores of Lake Huron and Georgian Bay where between 5 to 10 cm fell - Cold air sticks around in Ontario and Quebec. Frost warnings tonight for many
- Meanwhile Calgary may hit the low 20s today as much of southern Alberta sits on the warm side of the jetstream
Earliest galaxy spotted by astronomers
- Astronomers have found the most distant galaxy yet in light detected by Hubble, a discovery that pushes back scientists' view of the universe to about 700 million years after it is thought to have come into existence.
- The universe is thought to be about 13.8 billion years old.
technology/earliest-galaxy- spotted-by-astronomers-1. 2223861