More Showers for the South Coast, Heavy Rain for Southern Interior...Sep 5th
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- A stormy night for some is giving way to a grey and showery Thursday for many
- The low pressure system responsible for spinning around the showers from the SE is slowly tracking inland today - bringing the moisture with it
- Showers and the risk for more thunderstorms will spread across the lower mainland this afternoon & evening: http://weather.gc.ca/warnings/SWS_bulletins_e.html?prov=bc
- Another round of steadier rain set to move in for tomorrow morning for a soggy Friday
- Meanwhile the bulk of the moisture over the next 48 hours is actually being directed to the BC interior - a special weather statement is in place for bands of showers and thunderstorms beginning this evening for the southern interior with locally heavy rainfall accumulations of up to 50 mm by Friday afternoon.
- Localized flooding may be a concern and environment Canada is asking communities to prepare for high drainage and residents to be cautious of fast rivers
- Looks like the low takes it's time moving east out of our region so Saturday may start off cloudy with the chance for a few showers... but high pressure is building in it's place so sunshine starting Saturday aft and into Sunday.
Tropical Depression Gabrielle Near Puerto Rico..Tropics Heating Up, Still no Hurricanes
- Atlantic Tropical Storm Gabrielle formed late Wednesday evening near Puerto Rico, but has already weakened to a tropical depression today.
- Regardless of classification Gabrielle will continue to bring locally heavy rainfall from the Virgin Islands to Puerto Rico through the end of the week.
- Another tropical system may form over the southwestern part of the Gulf of Mexico...
weather-news/caribbean- tropical-development-possible/ 17415659
Battle of the Seasons Across the Country
- Yet another record breaking day of heat for the Prairies yesterday with some very old records falling... more heat on tap today with more records likely to fall
- Meanwhile, cool air is now in place across the eastern half of the country - mid to high teens for Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and all of New Brunswick under frost warnings tonight. And Labrador City seeing light snow right now!
New NASA spacecraft to investigate moon mystery
- More than 40 years after the last Apollo astronauts left the moon, NASA is preparing to launch a small robotic spacecraft to investigate one of their most bizarre discoveries: Crews reported seeing an odd glow on the lunar horizon just before sunrise- unexpected because the airless moon lacked atmosphere for reflecting sunlight.
- Scientists began to suspect that dust from the lunar surface was being electrically charged and somehow lofted off the ground, a theory that will be tested by the U.S. space agency's upcoming Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Experiment.
- Scheduled to launch tomorrow morning
article/ c7d49f96d41bf159612e1e21b1cc0e 62/new-nasa-spacecraft-to- investigate-moon-mystery