Last Summer-like Day.. Fall Storm Arrives Tomorrow...Sept 19th
Download Flash Player to view this content.
Harvest Moon put on a good show last night in Vancouver
- High pressure holds for one more day bringing temperatures into the low 20s and a mix of sun and cloud to the south coast. This really is the last Summers Day before the Fall storm..and the official start to Fall on Sunday
- The storm has already made it's way onto the central coast where wind warnings remain in place- winds are gusting to almost hurricane strength at this hour! And as far south as northern Vancouver Island. Our first real Fall storm of the season
- The same system slides south for tomorrow afternoon. A dry start to our Friday but by the afternoon gusty winds and rain will move in.. and linger with cool temperatures right through the weekend
- A series of Pacific lows will continue to impact the BC coast right through early next week for cool and unsettled Fall weather
Fall Weather for Much of Western Canada
- Snow fell for the first time in the Alberta foothills yesterday as well as Yellowknife and parts of Labrador
- Frost warnings were in place for Alberta last night with morning temps close to zero for Edmonton
- The eastern half of the country has a great weekend in store before temps drop next week
Tropical Storm Manual Still Hitting Mexico..& Jerry May Form in the Gulf
- Yet another tropical disturbance is located in the southern Gulf of Mexico, and is expected to linger for several days. If it strengthens sufficiently, it will earn the name Jerry. Meanwhile Manual continues to batter the west coast with flooding rain. 'Jerry' is the third tropical disturbance affecting Mexico this week..
Super typhoon Usagi, strongest storm of 2013, may strike Hong Kong Sunday
- In the last 24 hours, a cyclone in the west Pacific has explosively intensified, and is on a track towards Hong Kong.
- The storm - named Usagi - has achieved super typhoon status and is now equivalent to a category 5 hurricane with winds greater than 250 km/h
- Usagi is now the strongest storm to form on Earth in 2013..looks to impact Taiwan and Hong Kong in next 72 hours with heavy rain
blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/ 2013/09/19/super-typhoon- usagi-strongest-storm-of-2013- may-strike-hong-kong-sunday/
Long-range forecast: sunny spell will wipe out life on Earth
- Great heat will make Earth uninhabitable in 3 billion years, say scientists, and journey to balmy Mars may be best escape route
And on that note - have a nice day!