Heavy Rain for South Coast This Weekend...Sept 27th
- The first wave in a series of systems over the next few days is bringing moderate rainfall to the coast for the first half of Friday. Rain will taper to showers and we will catch a bit of a break this evening
- An early season, full-on storm is approaching quickly though and this one is bringing serious rainfall and gusty winds
- Rainfall warnings are in place for Metro Vancouver, How Sound & Fraser Valley for 40-75 mm Sat-Sun. But some local regions could see as much as 120 mm
- Interestingly, rather than tapping into subtropical moisture from the Hawaiian Islands region ala Pineapple Express, the jetstream is actually tapping into moisture in all the way from Tropical Storm Pabuk near the Japanese coast
- Another wave of moisture will arrive for Sunday morning just as Saturday's begins to taper off. Winds will be strong for both weekend days (60-80 km/h) and advisories or warnings may be issued or expanded
- Snow levels are also dropping and we could be looking at a few cm for higher elevation highway passes
- At this point the stormy weather continues through the first half of next week but a good chance that we could be looking at a drier second half... much calmer at least!
- Also, the systems will eventually spread across to the Columbia & Kootenay regions this weekend - 30-50 mm Sat-Sun.
A mix of sun and cloud
Chance of showers