Grey & Drizzly Next Few Days..Back to Summer Next Week...Aug 15th
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- A general southwesterly flow has set-up behind the frontal system that moved in yesterday meaning more clouds & showers in the next few days
- A bit of a break from the showers this afternoon, but another round set to move in late afternoon
- The moist flow will continue to bring a risk of showers through Friday, Saturday & Sunday with only a slight chance of seeing the sun break through in between light rounds..best chance for a sunny break tomorrow
- While it is still muggy today, afternoon temps will be a touch on the cool side for this time of the year- in the 20-21 range through the weekend
- By Sunday afternoon an offshore ridge builds back in bringing a return to sunny skies and warm temps by early next week
- Also.. cool video of a dust devil in Campbell River, Vancouver Island this weekend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF1bx90h6hc
Tropical Storm Erin Forms in Atlantic; And Another Brewing in the Gulf
- The area of tropical moisture being monitored in the western Caribbean could develop to bring flooding rain to the Southeast US by tomorrow.
- Meanwhile, Tropical Storm Erin has formed over the eastern Atlantic.
Nasa sending world's first 3-D printer into space
- Nasa is set to launch world's first zero-G-ready 3D printer into space next year, during its resupply mission to the International Space Station, so that parts can be built on-demand in space
Lab Accident Produces New Material..With Amazing Properties
- An accident in a Swedish university lab has produced a new material that has previously undreamed-of absorbent properties - and opens up an exciting wealth of possibilities in the fields of electronics, advanced drug development, large-scale food storage units and toxic spills.
- Named upsalite, after the university, the creation is especially impressive as it was previously thought to be impossible.
New Shark AND New Mammal Discovered
- Scientists have discovered a new species of shark weighing a massive 400 pounds in the waters off the coast of South Carolina...called "Carolina hammerhead "
- And a new tree-dwelling, teddy-bear faced mammal was discovered in Andean cloud forest..called "Olinguito"
Decapitated copperhead snake's head bites itself - video