Couple Hot Days, Then a Cool-Down...Aug 21st
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Our upper level high pressure ridge is now well established over BC keeping most of the province sunny this am
- Temperatures for the South coast will be above seasonal by a couple of degrees today - feeling like the high 20s inland Vancouver
- Same story tomorrow with just a dash more clouds towards the afternoon
- The ridge will continue to track east for Friday..right out of the province in fact, allowing a low pressure system to slide in behind. It will have weakened quite a bit by then so just a slight chance of showers with a mix of sun and clouds for Fri eve & Sat at this point.
- A drop in temperatures will be the big story starting Friday - coming down a good 5 degrees Friday through Sunday for a cooler outlook
Future flooding scenario shows Metro Vancouver at risk
- Coastal flooding caused by global warming could cost the global economy $1 trillion a year in coming decades and Vancouver is one of the cities most at risk for losses, says a new study.
british-columbia/story/2013/ 08/20/bc-vancouver-climate- flooding-cost.html
Fog rolling over mountains in Newfoundland
- Fantasic video taken this morning in Lake Harbour NL
Brilliant Red Sprite Lightning Caught on Film
- Amazing new photos and video of the elusive red lightning called 'sprites' are helping researchers understand how the mysterious electric bursts form.
- Sprites last less than a second as they dance on the tops of thunderstorms...the clusters of charged particles kind of look like red jellyfish
10 Years of Weather in 3 Minutes
- Cool time lapse video of 10 years of data collected by the just decommissioned GOES-12: the satellite launched in 2001 that helped form the backbone of the nation's weather observation system across the NA East Coast and parts oft he Atlantic Ocean
The Sun is Smiling At Us - in pictures
- Recent images unveiling the sun's radiant face - at different wavelengths.
blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/ 2013/08/21/the-excited-sun-is- smiling-at-us-six-dazzling- views/
Turducken of the Sea?
- Pretty ridiculous photo of a shark eating a smaller shark eating a fish
com/articles/3579/20130820/ turducken-sea-incredible- photo-shows-shark-eating.htm