A Sight for Sore Eyes? Showers Today But Nice Long Weekend Ahead...Aug 2nd
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Our upper level low sitting just to the sw of Vancouver is spinning in rounds of showers and lower clouds today
- Temps are also on the cool side..struggling to hit 20 today
- Thunderstorms will also once again develop across the mountains..
- Showers will continue for the next few hours but will lighten up this afternoon & evening.
- Keeping the risk of showers in for Vancouver tomorrow morning along with lower cloud but by the afternoon we should be back to the sun
- By Sunday high pressure builds back in as our low carries on to the east.. summer-like weather back on tap for Sunday and the holiday Monday
- The southern interior will also see afternoon showers but they will come with a risk for lightning strikes.. so it's not all good news for the fire risk
Musical Nooner in the fresh showers with Los Dorados!
Lots to Talk About in Long Weekend Forecast Across the Country
- Pride Parade in Vancouver on Sunday, Caribbean Carnival in Toronto.. and it's a civic holiday for many
- Heavy rain continues today for extreme SW Alberta.. 40-60 mm already fallen with another 20-30 mm today. No reports yet of flooding
- It's pretty much Fall across eastern Canada! Another cool weekend on tap with risk of thunderstorms this afternoon/evening with very gusty winds today..and a tornado touched down again near Ottawa yesterday. 11th of the season. Same kind of set-up as the last one in a 'cool' environment
com/news/articles/ontarios- 11th-tornado-confirmed-near- ottawa-/10450/
First look at Saturday's forecast by the CBC Weather Centre
Colorado State researchers trim Atlantic hurricane outlook; Dorian tries to bounce back
- Expect an above average Atlantic hurricane season say leading hurricane researchers, but slightly less active than once thought.
- Colorado State University cut back their prediction for the total number of hurricanes and major hurricanes by one, compared to forecasts made in April and June...due to an unexpected cooling of sea surface temperatures in the eastern Atlantic.
- Meanwhile Dorian has the potential to become a tropical storm again over waters just east of Florida this weekend.
blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/ 2013/08/02/colorado-state- researchers-trim-atlantic- hurricane-outlook-dorian- tries-to-bounce-back/
Climate Change Occurring Ten Times Faster Than at Any Time in Past 65 Million Years
- The planet is undergoing one of the largest changes in climate since the dinosaurs went extinct. But what might be even more troubling for humans, plants and animals is the speed of the change..say Stanford climate scientists
Mighty mouse attacks snake to save pal
- A mouse has been given its freedom after it tackled a poisonous snake in a bid to save a fellow rodent at a zoo in China.