Day 26 and More Sunshine Ahead..Getting Warmer Too
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Mainly clear skies will continue right through to the weekend under a high pressure system
- Morning stratus and low fog will continue to move in through the early morning hours over the next couple of days with sea breezes...but clearing up quite quickly in the mornings
- Temps are also on the rise getting into the mid 20s away from the water
- Still looking at a little disturbance to arrive Friday bringing a few clouds to the mix..as well as lower temps for the weekend. But mainly sunny skies will dominate Saturday.. right now looks like more of a mix of sun and cloud for Sunday with a slight chance for Sunday evening showers
Devastating Long-Distance Impact of Earthquakes
- Devastating 'mud eruptions' still continue today just east of Java after the 2006 earthquake.
- Until now, researchers believed the earthquake was too far from the mud volcano to trigger the eruption but Geophysicists have just been able to use computer-based simulations to show that such triggering is possible over long distances.
Cassini probe takes image of Earth from Saturn orbit
- Nasa has released photos of the Earth and Moon taken by a spacecraft orbiting Saturn - nearly a billion miles away
Dolphins 'call each other by name'
- Scientists have found further evidence that dolphins call each other by "name".Research has revealed that the marine mammals use a unique whistle to identify each other.
Massive Arctic Storm in the Works
- A massive cyclone is forecast to develop in the Arctic and Within 2 weeks the Arctic Ocean will be completely transformed. The cyclone that will begin to spread very windy conditions across Canada'a Arctic beginning tomorrow will massacre the sea ice over the next 2 weeks in what one meteorologist is calling "The Great Arctic flush"
- Good blog here: http://neath.wordpress.com/