Warm & Sunny Continues.. Cool-Down & Clouds for Friday...June 5th
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- After a round of clouds moved through overnight and lingered through the early morning hours... skies have cleared up nicely
- Temperatures will get into the low 20s today.. with a couple of more degrees for tomorrow and skies will remain clear through Thursday
- On Friday, a cold front will swing through bringing temps back to 17-18, clouds and the chance for showers
- At this point though looks like things clear back out for the weekend
Lenticular clouds from Jericho beach last night ~ Eric Rankin
A Rare "anticyclonic" tornado Also Touched Down in El Reno, Okla During Outbreak
- Not only was Friday's El Reno tornado the widest on record, but it was also flanked by an incredibly rare tornado that rotated in the reverse direction.
- The National Weather Service confirmed that a rare "anticyclonic" tornado touched down about three miles southeast of the monstrous 2.6-mile wide EF5 tornado that killed 9 people, including four storm chasers.
Canadian Severe Weather Today: T-storms & Frost
- Thunderstorm watches are already in effect for central Alberta this afternoon & evening...
- Meanwhile frist warnings are in effect for zero degree temps in QC & NB
Tropical Rainstorm to Hit Northeast Coast Friday
- A storm attempting to garner tropical characteristics will brush the mid-Atlantic coast and sweep over New England Friday into Saturday with locally heavy rain and flooding risk.
- The storm will bring heavy rain and strong winds to the Maritimes for Saturday
DNA data to be shared worldwide in medical research project
- More than 60 institutions across the UK, Europe, North America and Asia are launching an ambitious project that will allow them to share vast amounts of patients' genetic and clinical information.
NASA to Launch New Sun-Watching Satellite
- NASA is preparing to launch its latest sun-monitoring satellite on a mission to improve space weather prediction
- It's scheduled to be launched on June 26
Naked Continent: See Antarctica De-Iced
- Antarctica's rocky topography, concealed for more than 30 million years beneath thick ice is revealed in a new map and video today by NASA
A Remote Controlled Helicopter Takes to the Skies With the Power of Human Thought
- The experiments have been performed by researchers hoping to develop future robots that can help restore the autonomy of paralysed victims or those suffering from neurodegenerative disorders.