Showers Tomorrow Morning But Afternoon Sun...June 17th
Download Flash Player to view this content.
A low pressure system has once again become stuck in our upper atmosphere and is spinning just off the coast
- The system will bring the potential for afternoon/evening thunderstorms to the BC interior today and there are already thunderstorm watches in place
- The south coast may also see a slight risk of thunderstorms this evening after a warm and sunny start to the work week
- The real rain starts tomorrow morning though before clearing up by the afternoon
- Pretty grey and soggy forecast though Wed-Fri
Campers rescued after bridge washes out north of Fort McMurray
- Thunderstorms today will bring the only risk of added rain..very dry and very warm forecast for the next 7 days
edmonton/story/2013/06/16/ edmonton-firebag-river-bridge. html
Tropical Depression Forms in the Western Caribbean
- Tropical downpours from northern Nicaragua and northern Honduras and Belize to southeastern Mexico will be the story today
- The system is then forecast return to warm water Tuesday into Wednesday, as it drifts back into the Gulf of Mexico. As a result, it may become the next names tropical storm Barry, prior to a second landfall over the Mexico mainland
Rethinking the universe: Groundbreaking theory proposed in 1997 suggests a 'multiverse'
- Some top scientists are beginning to worry that a radical idea proposed in 1997 by three University of Delaware physicists may be right.
- If it is, then it could debunk some of the discoveries physicists were hoping to make at the Large Hadron Collider, the huge, multi-billion-dollar particle accelerator in Geneva, Switzerland, at which researchers recently discovered the famous "Higgs boson."
- It would also suggest that we might be living in a "multiverse"--a universe that is much bigger than was once thought and in which the laws of physics take different forms in different places.
rethinking-universe- groundbreaking-theory- multiverse.html#jCp
Map of the Universe
- A cosmologist has mapped the universe in detail out to a distance of about 100 million light years. To put that in more human terms: Columbus's maps of the New World described a land 3,000 miles from home, but Tully's map extends 6,000,000,000,000,000,000 miles out.
- Pretty cool graphics
com/outthere/2013/06/16/the- most-amazing-map-youll-see- today-no-matter-what-day-it- is/#.Ub9eCvlOSBS
Now, a TV that can be rolled up
- Japanese engineers have unveiled the prototype of a flexible plasma television that can roll up like a window shade.
- The prototype was unvealed in a tech conference in Vancouver last month
indiatimes.com/home/science/ Now-a-TV-that-can-be-rolled- up/articleshow/20624509.cms
Send messages to aliens in deep space
- A unique new project is asking people around the world with an Internet connection to help beam messages into outer space in an attempt to make our presence in the universe known to intelligent alien life out there
indiatimes.com/home/science/ Now-send-messages-to-aliens- in-deep-space/articleshow/ 20632860.cms