Nice Weather Starts Tomorrow, Hot weather Starts Sunday...Jun 28th
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- A few showers will linger across the south coast today, along with mainly cloudy skies with the last of the moist air mass that has been in place for the past week
- Tomorrow morning will start off with low level moisture as well.. so it will look like a grey start to the weekend... but by the afternoon skies should clear out for a great Saturday with temps in the low to mid 20s
- High pressure will continue to build across the southern province for Sunday with temps in the mid 20s and lots of sun. It will feel hot though with the unusual humidity in place.
- It's the Canada Day Monday that the heat will really get going; temps will rise into the high 20s, low 30s for the south coast and into the 40s for the southern interior.
- The ridge of high pressure will continue to build, ushering in hot air from the deserts of the US SW where they are also experiences heat wave conditions starting today (there temps into the 50s!)
- Air will remain stagnant starting Monday as the 'dome' sets up so air quality may also be an issue
- Records will likley be broken and Environment Canada may issues a heat alert
- A return to seasonal temps will begin mid-week of next week
- Latest special weather statements here: http://weather.gc.ca/warnings/
- Main message from Environment Canada: 1. Stay hydrated. 2. Keep cool. 3. Check in on others. 4. Get informed.
Canada Day Forecast Across the Country
- Tracking a few showers across the Prairies but definitely a better weekend for flood situation
- Eastern Canada is generally unsettled right through the long weekend, showers and thunderstorms on tap from Ontario right through to Atlantic Canada unfortunately
- BC & Alberta probably the best location across the country for summer weather!
Flooding in north Toronto earlier today with slow-moving thunderstorms.
Russian meteor shockwave circled globe twice
- The shock wave from an asteroid that burned up over Russia in February was so powerful that it travelled twice around the globe