After Today.. Back to the Showers for a Few Days...June 10th
- A nice mix of sun and clouds will continue to be Monday's weather story..
- A low pressure system anchored in the upper atmosphere just off our central coast will continue to sink south bringing cooler temps and showers for Tue-Fri
- Looks like clouds will increase overnight tonight for early morning showers.
- Steadier rain for Wed..with a bit of a break Thu before a few more showers Friday. But there is some break-up in the moisture and we may see sunny breaks between round of showers through mid-week
- There is a chance the low will get kicked out just in time for next weekend but not a lot of confidence in the long range quite yet
Enjoy today..showers start tomorrow am
Severe T-storms with Tornadoes in Southern SK & MB Today
- Thunderstorms having been firing up across the southern Prairies today with a storm spotter already capturing pics of a tornado on the ground east of Yorkton
- Tornado warnings have ended but tornado watches remain in place which mean conditions remain ripe for development
- Meanwhile a Tornado Watch is in place for Washington DC until this evening..
Astronaut Chris Hadfield announces resignation
- Canadian Chris Hadfield has announced his resignation and his intentions to move back to Canada following a 10-year career and decades of living in the U.S
technology/story/2013/06/10/ tech-hadfield-mission-recap. html
Post-Tropical Andrea to Impact United Kingdom
- Andrea brought record heavy rainfall to the northeastern United States Friday night into Saturday morning and then soaked Atlantic Canada Saturday into Sunday.
- Andrea is now a post-tropical low pressure, but its fast movement will allow it to reach Ireland and the United Kingdom by later Tuesday into Wednesday bringing heavy rain & damaging winds
Potentially 'Catastrophic' Changes Underway in Canada's Northern Mackenzie River Basin
- Canada's Mackenzie River basin -- among the world's most important major ecosystems -- is poorly studied, inadequately monitored, and at serious risk due to climate change and resource exploitation, a panel of international scientists warn today.
Magpies Make Decisions Faster When Humans Look at Them
- These wild birds seem to think and take decisions faster when humans, and possibly predators in general, are directly looking at them