Warmer & Sunnier Starts Now..But Saturday Showers To Break up the Weekend...May 31st
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Skies are already starting to clear out nicely after a cloudier start brought on by lingering moisture
- High pressure will continue to build today and temperatures will also climb back up to seasonal high teens
- And approaching rain-maker will threaten our dry skies tomorrow as it will likely make it's way through the ridge; looks like Saturday will start off sunny but by the afternoon a few rounds of showers are likely.. only a few mm and skies should clear back out again by the evening
- High pressure builds back in for Sunday and through much of next week with 20 degree temps and sunny skies
One More 30 Degree Day for Toronto.. Thunderstorms Tracking East
- Temps will once again get into the 30s with humidex approaching high 30s for southern Ontario, Southern Quebec and parts of the Maritimes
- But the cold front is a-coming, the same one that has been bringing severe weather to the US for the past 5 night.
- There is a risk for evening tstorms in southern Ontario tonight and an even greater risk tomorrow afternoon for severe storms as the front passes.
Big asteroid in flyby later today has its own moon
- Asteroid 1998 QE2 makes closest approach at 4:59 p.m. ET. At that point, they will be 5.8 million kms away, or about 15 times the distance between the Earth and the moon.
- Follow the asteroid live here: http://events.slooh.com
Mars mission astronauts face radiation exposure risk
- Did you ever imagine this would be a headline? ..IE we are at the point where we are seriously contemplating space travel risks for up-coming missions?
- NASA estimate of radiation exposure is based on a round trip and excludes time spent on the surface of Mars. NASA plans to send a manned crew to orbit Mars in 2030 but private companies trying for landing and sooner
Sharks Worth More in the Ocean Than On the Menu
- Sharks are worth more in the ocean than in a bowl of soup, according to researchers from the University of British Columbia
- Shark ecotourism currently generates more than US$314 million annually worldwide and is expected to more than double to US$780 million in the next 20 years.
- In comparison, the landed value of global shark fisheries is currently US$630 million and has been in decline for the past decade
@Catewaggy5 and @theaverageshark
Sun Aligns With NYC Grid for Manhattanhenge
- Cool photos from the biannual event that celebrates the sun's near-perfect alignment with the New York City grid, where light is cast on the north and south sides of every cross street in the borough.