Showery & Cool Week Ahead..Nice Long Range for the Weekend...May 27th
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- A low pressure system sitting just off the coast will push steadier rain into the south coast later this afternoon and into the evening
- Gusty winds will also pick up and temps will stay in the mid teen range for most of the day
- The system will continue to push onshore bringing continued steadier rain through most of Tuesday where totals will be close to 30 mm by Tues eve.
- Another system will slide following the dominate westerly flow in Wednesday for a showery Wed/Thu
- At this point it looks like a ridge of high pressure attempts to build in for Friday bringing warmer temps and sunnier skies for next weekend..just the way we like it
Showery & Cool Week Ahead..Nice Long Range for the Weekend
- After a weekend that saw zero degree temps and damaging frost to some southern Ontario crops, and more frost warnings tonight for QC & NB, temps are on the rise. Toronto, Ottawa & Montreal could hit the 30s by Thursday possibly setting records
Flooding shuts major highway near Prince Albert, Sask.
- Heavy rain and hail from the weekend are causing continuing problems in parts of the Prairies. Flooding has shut down Highway 2 south of Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. The closure could last between four and six weeks.
Look up! Jupiter, Mercury and Venus put on a Show Tonight
- Jupiter, Mercury and Venus form a close triangle in the night sky Monday, and they should shine brightly enough that even light pollution from a city won't get in the way of their visibility.
New crew prepares to launch to ISS Tomorrow
- The spacecraft that will launch the latest trio (1 woman from NASA, 1 man from Russia, 1 from ESA) is expected to launch at 4:31 p.m. ET on Wednesday and dock approximately six hours later.
Chile issues red alert over Copahue volcano
Two Volcanoes Erupting in Alaska: Scientists Are Monitoring
- Two of Alaska's most active volcanoes -- Pavlof and Cleveland -- are currently erupting. At this time, their activity continues at low levels, but energetic explosions could occur without warning.
Ministers approve plans for world's biggest 'wave farm' in Scotland
- Full consent has been given for a 40MW farm off the north-west coast of Scotland - enough to power nearly 30,000 homes.
- Wave energy firm Aquamarine Power said it would begin installing its Oyster devices in the next few years, once grid infrastructure is put in place.
Missing the cicada invasion? Check out Cicada Cam
- Disgusting..if caught at the right time..