Rain Round 1 Over, Round 2 Starts Tonight.. Luckily the Systems are Mainly Night Crawlers...April 5th
- The first system brought steady rain overnight to much of southern BC (~25-35mm in past 24hrs for Vancouver)... the rain is still falling across parts of the interior as the system tracks east but is clearing up now for most of metro Vancouver
- While showers will hang on a bit longer out towards Abbotsford & Chiliwack, look for a decent break right through to this evening
- Temperatures are still failry mild and freezing levels are up around 2000 m today so still looking at rain for the mountains & passes
- Meanwhile the arctic front in NE BC has descended in Prince George. Temps have gone from 10 degrees yesterday, to 12 hours of snow starting juts after midnight and wind chill sin the -11 range right now! The Peace region will stay in the arctic air for another day
- The second rain-maker will arrive this evening for Vancouver..bringing another round of 15-30 mm to the region overnight and into Saturday morning. Gusty conditions will
accompany this one as well
- Freezing levels will start to drop by a few hundreds meters so rain will change over to snow for the local mountains
- Once again looks like most of the day will be dry tomorrow between the two systems before system 3 brings light rain Saturday evening and through the day Sunday
- Monday it still looks like we switch to a drier NW flow for a day with rain returning mid-week
Return to Winter for the Prairies
- Light snow moved into central Alberta (&Edmonton) overnight and has been snowing every since. About 3 cm on the ground in YEG but up to 10 cm but the end of the day with wind chills in the double digits
- NO snowfall warnings are in place any longer but a general 5 to 10 cm with this system today
- The cold air is pushing into Sk as well where Regina & Saskatoon will get around 5 cm today.. And temps will stay cold for the next few days across the Prairies
Atlantic Canada Storm A'Coming
- A low pressure system developing off the American East Coast will approach Southwestern Newfoundland overnight. The low will continue to deepen on Saturday as it tracks across Central Newfoundland and out to sea in the evening.
- Over Western and Northern Newfoundland: snow will develop overnight and persist into Saturday.
- For St John's and the Avalon high winds and heavy rains have promoted warnings for the worst to hit overnight until tomorrow afternoon
Heavy Rain, Flooding for China, Japan and Taiwan
- The final wave of low pressure in a series of storms to affect areas from eastern China into Taiwan, South Korea and Japan will bring more rainfall through Sunday.
Russia may join asteroid retrieval mission
- Russia says its Roscosmos space agency may join NASA in an ambitious mission to capture an asteroid and bring it to a lunar orbit for exploration.
- The asteroid-retrieval proposal is to capture a 25-foot, 500-ton asteroid in a net and tow it to an orbit around the moon
News/2013/04/04/Russia-may- join-asteroid-retrieval- mission/UPI-70411365122043/