Our Stretch of Sun is Over For Now..But Showers Should Hold Off Today...April 26th
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Vancouver had a few hours of the sun this morning but high cloud has now moved across the south coast as our ridge of high pressure flattens out
- Looks like the showers with an approaching frontal system hold off until overnight tonight. Just a chance of a sprinkle this evening
- Rain will continue through most of Saturday, tapering off Saturday evening for a general 10-15 mm across metro Vancouver
- A stronger system will bring heavier rain in Sunday night so that means we are in between two systems for most of the day.We -may- catch some breaks but only if we see lower clouds break up. It will be blue skies above the lower clouds.
- Temperatures today through to Sunday will be a good 3-5 degrees cooler than the past few days as well with marine air back in play
- Sunday night's steady rain will mainly fall through the overnight for a general 10-20 mm. With cooler temps this will likely fall as snow for the mountains and possibly into the passes down to around 1000 m
- Showers may linger into Monday morning but things clear right back up again for next week for warm and dry weather through till at least Thursday.. yeah I know I hate it when that happens too: beautiful weeks and rainy weekends
Finally A Proper Spring Weekend for Much of the Country
- Almost the whole country will experience double digit temps this weekend... first time this has happened since early last Fall!
- Winnipeg up to a balmy 12 so melting will begin...Toronto 12 and sunny today but high teens by the weekend
- Maritimes will see high single digits today but getting into the warmth tomorrow
- St John's in the double digits today too! Although Spring flooding with heavy rains in the SW portion of the rock
National forecast courtesy of @CBCWeather
New Live Cam Available- the Humboldt Bay Eagle Cam!
- Check in on the mother who is taking care of two new eaglets in California
"mom, mom ,mom, mom, mom, mom...I'm hungry"
Tracking Gunfire With a Smartphone
- You are walking down the street with a friend. A shot is fired. The two of you duck behind the nearest cover and you pull out your smartphone. A map of the neighborhood pops up on its screen with a large red arrow pointing in the direction the shot came from.
- A team of computer engineers have created inexpensive hardware and software that can transform an Android smartphone into a simple shooter location system.
- This technology takes advantage of the fact that all but the lowest powered firearms produce unique sonic signatures when they are fired.
Nasa observes meteors colliding with Saturn's rings
- The first direct evidence of small meteors breaking into streams of rubble and crashing into Saturn's rings has been found by Nasa's Cassini spacecraft.
indiatimes.com/home/science/ Nasa-observes-meteors- colliding-with-Saturns-rings/ articleshow/19740097.cms
Whales share knowledge and learn from others much as humans do
- A new study found that a new feeding technique brought on by the the need to find new prey has spread to 40% of the humpback whale population