Loosing the Sun Today..Showers Start Tonight for A Few Days...April 17th
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- High pressure kept some morning sun in place for the south coast but high cloud is now streaming in ahead of a frontal system that is sliding down the coast
- Clouds will continue to thicken today and winds are quite brisk out of the SE-S today
- The actual rain will likely begin this evening as showers before switching to drizzle overnight and into Thursday.
- Thursday will be cool with temps struggling to get into the double digits
- A second pulse of rain will move in for Thursday evening ahead of the next front and showers will continue through Friday
- At this point a chance of showers will continue into the weekend with a general NW flow directing moisture our way. However it looks like an offshore high pressure system attempts to build in for the end of the weekend bringing us a decent Sunday and lots of sun into early next week. Temps back to seasonal by the end of the week
Last of the sun this am
Colorado Storm System Headed for Ontario
- A large low pressure system from Texas will start tracking northeast towards the Great Lakes tonight bringing with it a sharp contrast of cold Arctic air and mild Spring air together..meaning quote the range in weather across the province
- The system will start spreading snow into the already cold air of Northern Ontario this evening with 5-10 cm by Thursday morning for the Upper Great lakes. Looks like the snow ill ease for a period on Thursday but intensify again Thursday night as the centre of the low gets closer
- Meanwhile, the warm side of the system will pump 20 degree temps into southern Ontario tomorrow! Places like Toronto & Hamilton will see their first 20 degree day in 6 months and high temps will likely be into the 23-26 degree range
- The mild and moist air could be a recipe for thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon... some of them may be severe
Colorado Low Bringing High Tornado Risk to the US Today
- The same system is sparking up thunderstorms across the Midwest today and may have the potential to be severe. - Conditions are prime for tornadoes and dangerously large hail.
- Areas of flooding are being reported in Kentucky and thunderstorms hitting Chicago are causing flights to and from the city's airports to be canceled.
- The risk of violent thunderstorms, some with tornadoes, will continue well into the nighttime hours and could extend past midnight.
Well below Seasonal Temps Continue for Prairies
- Meanwhile one of the coldest Springs continues for the Prairies with temps hovering just at or just above the freezing mark for the week to come
- Seasonals now for most major cities are into the low double digits so temps are a good 10 degrees below the average
- Looks like there may be a warm-up in sight.....NEXT weekend.
First spring sandstorm covers China
- Shache County in Kashgar was hit by sandstorms around 5 pm Tuesday.
com/news/storm_watch_stories3& stormfile=First_spring_ sandstorm_covers_China_17_04_ 2013?ref=ccbox_homepage_ topstories