Enjoy the Sun Today! Because..Well I think You Know Why...April 3rd
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Our weekend ridge has built back in behind yesterday's cold front for a relatively dry and sunny Wednesday
- Temperatures will bump back up to around 14 degrees for YVR and high teens out towards the valley
- We may see some sun linger through tomorrow morning but the first in a series of systems will swing through bringing rain for Thu afternoon
- Overnight Thursday a general 20mm will fall for metro Vancouver with not much of a break at all before the second system arrives Friday afternoon. Another ~20mm on tao through the day
- There may be a bit of a break Saturday during the day before the 3rd systems roll sin for Saturday night into Sunday for another ~20mm
- A general cooling trend will being us back to afternoon temps of 11 for YVR and overnight lows of 7ish by the weekend
- Breezy conditions may also accompany the fronts through the next few days
- Meanwhile arctic air will slide down across extreme northern BC for wind chills in the -17 range with snow for Fort St John by Friday. Luckily the Arctic air won't sink much farther south than that.
- By Sunday the entire province will begin to ease out of the active weather pattern.. although showers may linger through early next week for YVR
Smells like Spring out there! (The good kind of Spring smell)
Big Drop for Alberta
- After those record breaking temps in the high teens, low 20s for AB, a cold front is dropping temps+15 degrees today with light snow
- Seasonals should be up around 8-10 degrees for southern AB so they are well below today before a bit of a roller-coaster ride in tempos ahead this week
Spring Warmth Finally Coming to Western Europe...& Eastern US
- Europe, much like the eastern United States, has experienced a very chilly March.
- March 2013 ranks as the second coldest March in the United Kingdom ever. March 2013 was colder than December, January or February of this past winter.
- There is light at the end of the tunnel for both the United States and western Europe
- Springlike warmth will finally come to western and central Europe next week the reason that the warmth will invade the regions is one and the same: a blocking pattern has caused cold air to filter down across the eastern US and western Europe and that will finally break down
Chimps: Ability to 'Think About Thinking' Not Limited to Humans
- Humans' closest animal relatives, chimpanzees, have the ability to "think about thinking" -- what is called "metacognition," according to new research by scientists at Georgia State University and the University at Buffalo.
Astronomers Anticipate 100 Billion Earth-Like Planets
- Researchers at The University of Auckland have proposed a new method for finding Earth-like planets and they anticipate that the number will be in the order of 100 billion.
Black hole seen devouring cosmic 'snack'
- Astronomers around the world say they observed a black hole feeding on a low-mass object -- either a brown dwarf or a giant planet -- that strayed too close
News/2013/04/02/Black-hole- seen-devouring-cosmic-snack/ UPI-32551364945760/