Wet & Windy For the Family... But Nice Mid-Week Sunny Break...Feb 11th
Hope everyone who has the day off is enjoying the long weekend. Beautiful day yesterday. Even though high pressure is still in place over the south coast today, low stratus and mist are locked in today because of the moist northwesterly flow around the high.
Happy Birthday Mutti!
- The fog may begin to lift this afternoon..but light drizzle will continue through the day
- The ridge is weakening for tomorrow...this changes the general flow to a more westerly, allowing a disturbance to sneak in for Tuesday. Increasing rain and gusty SE winds will be the story
- The cold front with this system will pass over Vancouver early Wednesday morning ... behind the front brisk northwesterly winds will make for a cool day but should get some sun for the afternoon as well
- Looks like the risk of showers through the second half of the week with a good looking Sunday forecast at this point as the ridge builds back in off the coast
Great Lakes Colorado Low
- Another (but much less powerful) storm is moving across the Great Lakes today bringing messy conditions, changing temperatures and gusty winds. Flooding could be an issue
- Temps are up to the high single digits for southern Ontario who is in the warm pocket of the system today..helping to melt the snow. Temps will drop back down below zero tomorrow though
- As the warm air moves east over eastern ON and southern QC today freezing rain will be an issue for Ottawa & Montreal
- This system will also bring big winds to eastern Canada today..wind warnings in place. The actual low pressure system will bring fresh snow to te Maritimes & Atlantic Canada tomorrow
Incredible imagery from the February 8-9, 2013 New England Blizzard
- Lots of great pics and stats from the storm..and more bad weather coming
How big is the universe ... compared with a grain of sand
- Cool video on measuring distances in space