Wet, Wet, Wetskie: More November Rain for B.C... Nov 20th
Getting above the fog this morning out of yyz...
.. and back home to yvr with quite the headwind but a nice flight in over the water.
- The latest round of wet & windy weather will begin this afternoon..10-20 mm for metro Vancouver with another 10-15 mm tonight. And winds up to 70 km/h for coastal sections
- Wind warnings are in place for the coasts of Vancouver Island for southeast winds of 70-90 km/h in some areas before easing later this afternoon.
- The same system is also directing Pacific moisture into the interior and especially to the high elevation roads. The Coquihalla Highway between Hope and Merritt will receive near 5 cm today and 15 tonight. Highway 3 - Paulson Summit to Kootenay Pass will receive 15 cm today and another 15 cm tonight. Conditions should improve tomorrow
- This progressive & wet weather pattern will continue to bring valley rain through this week...as well as periods of mountain snow
- We may see a short break in the pattern for Sunday...but a cool-down along with snow showers down to the valley and basin floors looks to occur early next week.
Wind, Rain Pummel Pacific Northwest, Cause 1 Death
- The same storm that moved through BC this weekend also swamped streets, toppled trees and large trucks,cut power to nearly 50,000 residents, and caused at least one death to the Pacific NW US.
- Residents in Washington and Oregon brace for more wet weather (the same weather as us)
'Super-Jupiter' discovery dwarfs solar system's largest planet
- Astronomers have discovered a new 'super-Jupiter' planet, 13 times bigger than Jupiter, the largest planet in our own solar system.
Greenland 'losing 200 million tons ice every year'
- Greenland that is covered with Glaciers is facing a huge loss of an average of 200 million tons of ice every year due to melting since 2003. The data has been confirmed by the scientists, studying the changing mass of the island using satellite data.