Nice, Nice, Then Wet. But Seasonal...Nov 13th
Showers will continue to move through the region today. Temps are steady though around 9..only dropping down to 7 tonight.
kitkam.ca English Bay
- Tomorrow, a weak high pressure ridge builds in bringing a couple of days of mix of sun & cloud. Tomorrow we may see a few lingering am showers but a nice afternoon is in the works
- Am fog and lower cloud may linger over the next couple of mornings however with an onshore flow developing
- The first in the latest series of low pressure systems will arrive for Friday
- Grouse ones today at 3 pm and Cypress tomorrow!
Record Heat for the Maritimes...Followed by Big Cool-Down
- Parts of the Maritimes saw temps into the mid to high teens yesterday..breaking a number of daily temp records...while the cold front (same one that dropped temps 20 degrees yesterday in S ON) is approaching tonight...another high teen, record breaker again today for PEI, NS & NFLD
Turn Around Bright Eyes..
- A total eclipse of the sun will occur today across parts of Australia, with the entire nation at least getting a partial eclipse.
- A solar eclipse, where the moon travels between the Earth and the sun, is a somewhat rare astronomical phenomenon. Early on Wednesday, Nov. 14, parts of Australia will be recast in darkness as the moon blocks all of the sun's rays.
- The only major city in the path of totality (the surface of the Earth which will experience a total eclipse) will be Cairns in Queensland. However, the populated portions of eastern Australia will be lucky enough to see a significant partial eclipse. Cities further north along the coast will see a more complete eclipse, with all of coastal Queensland seeing 80 percent or more of the suns diameter disappear.
Universe is expanding at a rate comparable to a rollercoaster, say scientists
- Scientists have been able to map for the first time the universe as it was in its youth, three billion years after it was formed.
- Scientists have learnythat the universe's growth when it was young was slowed by the effects of gravity but in the past five billion years it has begun to rapidly expand because of a mysterious force which scientists have called dark energy..."like the rollercoaster crested the hill just about seven billion years ago, and we're still going."
Three Dead as Italy Flooding Hits Tuscany