Clear But Cold For Another Couple of Days.. Plus Space, Quake & UK Flood News.. Nov 26th
After a gorgeous weekend...high pressure will continue to dominate through Tuesday. Dry weather and more blue skies will result in chilly overnights though- getting down close to freezing for much of Vancouver tonight, so frost tomorrow for many.
Float plane flight to Squamish! Sunday Nov 25th
-Same story tomorrow; afternoon highs of only around 6. Brisk winds will also be noticeable
- A low pressure system will approach the coast Tuesday night into Wednesday bringing a return to wet conditions. Thursday is looking like a soaker at this point
Astronaut Chris Hadfield's Last Stretch of Activities Before Launch
- In preparation for his upcoming launch on December 19, this week and next, Canadian Space Agency (CSA) Astronaut Chris Hadfield will be undergoing his final exams and participate in Russian protocol events.
Haida Gwaii earthquake yields new data
- A team of federal government scientists that descended on Haida Gwaii following last month's 7.7 quake is getting new insights into the fault that caused it -- and the fear it generated:
- psycho-social impact of natural disasters, new seismograms & GPS installed, hot springs disappearance, and a new throery than near the epicentre the ground the plate moved as four metres in a rare and violent collision, rather than a routine slipping of the plates against each other.
NASA tracks massive dust storm on Mars
- A NASA spacecraft is keeping tabs on a vast dust storm on Mars that has spawned changes in the Martian atmosphere felt by two rovers on the planet's surface.
- The Martian dust storm was first spotted by NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter Nov. 10 and has been tracked ever since. Curiosity rover -which has a built-in weather station -- has seen a drop in air pressure and slightly increased nighttime temperatures halfway around the planet from the dust storm
- An incredible amount of rain has fallen across UK and Ireland over the past 7 days leading to major travel disruptions, submerged homes and at least 3 deaths