And then the Rains Came.. Oct 12
However you feel about the first real rain event since July 22nd (and the long range soggy forecast)..even if it's secretly, or not so secretly happy, relieved, calmed, or resigned...at least we are all in together.
- The light rain showers started around 7 am this morning for yvr...and it's been might rain or drizzle every since.
- Looks like fairly consistent drizzle for metro Vancouver right through to Saturday.. possibly some breaks in the SE towards Delta
- Tomorrow we may see a mid morning break from the rain but light showers continue for the most part. And Sunday is the steady rain + winds
- By the end of the weekend we will have seen three months worth of rain!
- A special weather statement has been issued for metro Vancouver, Vancouver Island and the Sunshine Coast for the extended soggy weather. Basically we now in a traditional Fall set-up with the jetstream directing each Pacific low pressure system right onto our doorsteps
- Current estimates are that 150-200 mm of rain could fall along the outer coast of Vancouver Island over the
next several days with 75-150 mm across inner coastal regions...however still some issues with timing so any rainfall warnings will likely be issued later today.
Winter in the Air for Much of Canada
- Frost warnings are in place tonight from Toronto through Ottawa, Montreal and into New Brunswick for freezing temps tonight
- Afternoon temps will slowly begin to recover for the second half od the weekend across the west
Australia Snow in Spring Time
- A cold snap has covered parts of Australia's east coast with a blanket of snow, in the middle of spring. Motorists were left stranded in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney, while power lines were downed, trees uprooted and ferries cancelled due to high winds and hail in coastal areas.
- Residents in Katoomba described the snowfall as the heaviest they had seen.
- The cold weather will give way to warmer temperatures over the weekend.
Tropical Storm PATTY
- Sustained winds 65 km/h. Headed through the Bahamas and to the Caribbean but weakening as it tracks south
- 16th named storm of the season
House-Size Asteroid Passes Near Earth Today