I don't know why you say "Goodbye", I say "Hello, October"...Sept 28th
Good afternoon, and goodbye September. I will be recapping our Septmeber stats early next week but if we only see a few showers thus afternoon, then this is looking like the driest Aug-Sep run in record. So enjoy the last few days..after today a nice looking, albeit cooler weekend ahead. Have a good one.
The Beatles: 'Hello Goodbye'
Still Watching for a Few Showers...Cooler Weekend Ahead Vancouver
· Clouds will continue to thicken today..as the tail of the weakened cold front swings through we may still catch a few showers late afternoon through this evening
· Showers as far south as Cambell River & Tofino right now ...
· We get back into the sun and seasonal temps tomorrow but then the cooler air settles in for Sunday...and cloudier too. I think we will still dry though through to Monday..next chance for rain on Tuesday
· Cooler air in place all next week though...it will feel more like 'Fall' air
· Jelawat will cross over Okinawa in under 12 hours...but conditions are already starting to deteriorate.
· Sustained winds are still over 200 km/h..putting it at about a cat 3 hurricane. So no longer a super typhoon but still packing quite a punch
· The storm will continue to weaken but the forecast track still holds for its next stop on Japan mainland Sunday- Monday with direct and dangerous impacts.
· On it's current path about 100 million people will be affected
Rare Semptember Tornado Hits Near Pittsburgh
The Bluenose II To Take It's First Dip in Nova Scotia Waters Tomorrow
· Soggy conditions for those watching on the coast in Lunenburg
NASA Mars Rover Finds Evidence of Rivers
Weather Community Seeks Commission for Communicating With Congress
· A coalition of meteorology leaders asked Congress today to create the first-ever U.S. Weather Commission to confront the costs of weather on the U.S. economy and its toll on human lives.http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/post/meteorology-leaders-press-congress-for-us-weather-commission/2012/09/27/b0b11952-08d7-11e2-a10c-fa5a255a9258_blog.html