Last Updated: Friday, May 17, 2013 | 6:07 PM ET
- Strike delays elevator service in Thunder Bay
- A province-wide strike is causing longer waits for elevator service in Thunder Bay. Fourteen hundred Ontario members of the International Union of Elevator Constructors workers have been off the job since May 1. more »
- Neskantaga First Nation finds hope after suicide crisis
- Artwork created by young people in Neskantaga First Nation will soon be on display in Toronto as part of an effort to help the community recover from a suicide crisis. more »
- Anglers face shortage of minnows heading into long weekend
- Anglers in the Thunder Bay area may have trouble buying bait minnows this long weekend, because they are in short supply. more »
- Thunder Bay's Gateway in Minnesota closing down
- Four years after it was launched, an award-winning tourist promotion just over the U.S. border in Minnesota, is being closed down. more »
- LCBO strike threat off after deal reached
- The prospect of a Victoria Day weekend liquor store strike in Ontario has been taken off the shelf after a deal was reached late Thursday night between the LCBO and its unionized workers. more »
- Paul Godfrey out as OLG chairman
- Paul Godfrey is out as chairman of the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp. and he says the board has also resigned. more »
- Thunder Bay area tourism pinched by unpredictable weather
- Wilderness outfitters fear climate change is cutting into their business as the spring thaw is so late many lakes in northwestern Ontario still have ice on them. more »
- Trapped ducklings in Windsor saved by cellphone app
- A cellphone app is being credited for helping save the lives of a pair of ducklings in Windsor, Ont. more »
- Atikokan seniors to tackle apartment shortage
- The chair of the town's seniors' forum, Alex Broski, said many older homeowners are finding their houses too much to manage. "They are at the age where they would give up their home if there was an apartment to go to," he said. more »
Send us your stories | Send us photos and videos | Contact us about community events | Set as home page
- EVENTInfluential Women of Northern Ontario Awards
- Join us in honouring their incredible contributions to the region.
- PodcastsListen to Superior Morning Anytime
- Subscribe to the podcasts for Superior Morning and never miss a show.
- FeatureThe Long Commute
- Jeff Walters reports on why so many people in northwestern Ontario live in one place and work in another.
- FeatureAt Your Service
- The CBC's Nicole Ireland examines life for the employees you meet every day, and are At Your Service.
- Superior MorningLisa Laco
- Join Lisa Laco from 6:00 to 8:37 a.m. for Superior Morning.
- Ontario TodayKathleen Petty
- Join Kathleen Petty from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. for Ontario Today.
- Voyage NorthCathy Alex
- Tune in 4-6 p.m. ET (3-5 p.m. CT) and join Cathy Alex for Voyage North.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
A few showers
Northwestern Ontario Weather
LIVE NEWS FEED CBC Thunder Bay
Audio and Video Online
Technical Problems? Audio & Video Help