Last Updated: Friday, May 24, 2013 | 1:59 PM ET
- Drones could help fight forest fires
- Unmanned planes could soon be helping fight forest fires in the northwest if a Lakehead University professor's research pans out. more »
- Stranded campers get out of park on temporary road
- Campers and staff at Sleeping Giant Provincial Park made it out of the park last night. more »
- Survivors of day schools share stories of abuse, pain
- Hundreds of people who say they suffered abuse at the hands of their teachers gathered at Winnipeg's Indian and Metis Friendship Centre Thursday. They call themselves day school survivors. more »
- Support for Thunder Bay 'ongoing,' Premier Wynne says
- Kathleen Wynne will talk about employment opportunities for youth when she stops by YES employment services this morning. And she'll get a tour of Resolute Forest Products later today. more »
- Hwy 587 closed after washout
- Repairs are underway as workers scramble to install a temporary culvert on Highway 587 after the road was washed out due to heavy rainfall. more »
- Swollen river frustrates fish taggers
- A co-operative rainbow trout tagging program on Portage Creek, near Sleeping Giant Park, has been put on hold due to high water. more »
- Thunderstorms hamper Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- A band of thunderstorms battered the Oklahoma City area Thursday, slowing cleanup operations in the suburb where a tornado killed 24 people and destroyed thousands of homes this week. more »
- Mike Duffy says he wants to give Canadians 'the whole story'
- Senator Mike Duffy says he wants a "full and open" inquiry so Canadians can get all the facts about the scandal that has rocked the Senate and the Prime Minister's Office and that he has no plans to resign. more »
- Rob Ford allies want mayor to address crack use allegations
- Members of Rob Ford's inner circle are calling on Toronto's mayor to come forward and directly address allegations that he was caught on tape smoking crack cocaine. more »
Send us your stories | Send us photos and videos | Contact us about community events | Set as home page
- EVENTInfluential Women of Northern Ontario Awards
- Join us in honouring their incredible contributions to the region.
- PodcastsListen to Superior Morning Anytime
- Subscribe to the podcasts for Superior Morning and never miss a show.
- FeatureThe Long Commute
- Jeff Walters reports on why so many people in northwestern Ontario live in one place and work in another.
- FeatureAt Your Service
- The CBC's Nicole Ireland examines life for the employees you meet every day, and are At Your Service.
- Superior MorningLisa Laco
- Join Lisa Laco from 6:00 to 8:37 a.m. for Superior Morning.
- Ontario TodayKathleen Petty
- Join Kathleen Petty from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. for Ontario Today.
- Voyage NorthCathy Alex
- Tune in 4-6 p.m. ET (3-5 p.m. CT) and join Cathy Alex for Voyage North.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
A mix of sun and cloud
Chance of showers
Northwestern Ontario Weather
LIVE NEWS FEED CBC Thunder Bay
Audio and Video Online
Technical Problems? Audio & Video Help