This week on This Is That:
- Peter Oldring speaks with a representative of the CRTC about why in the new year Canadian high school students will have to wear 'Canadian clothing' for 70% of their school week.
- We profile what people are calling "Western Canada's best restaurant,"
the Lakeside Memorial Hospital in Kelowna, B.C.
- We find out why Canadian Border Services agents are being federally mandated to take public relations courses
- Our microphones go into the friendly skies at the Selkirk Air Show with Canada's elite hot-air balloon stunt squad, The Jolly Balloons
- Plus, we play your calls in reaction to a story we ran last week about the Government of Canada rolling out a universal language of 54 car horn honks that all Canadian drivers will have to learn by next spring
Interact with us: Instagram
-----------------DOWNLOAD THE PODCAST
This week we also won, for the third year in a row, a Canadian Comedy Award for Best Radio show
(can you say Three-Pete and Pat-Trick?) and we informed you of this:Related:CRTC says 70% of our clothing needs to 'broadcast' Canadian contentCanadian border guard bullies CBC Radio hostMeet Canada's only aerobatic hot air balloon squadronHospital in Kelowna serves best food in the citySEASON 4 EPISODE 5: Canadian car horn language, Amateur Think Tank, small town bike share, crosswalk town crier