Children's Book Panel
Michele Landsberg picks:
- The Knife of Never Letting Go (2008) and its sequel The Ask and The Answer (2009), by Patrick Ness.
- The Serial Garden by Joan Aiken.
- Bella's Tree by Janet Russell.
Ken Setterington picks:
Extra recommendations from Michele:
- Zoom stories (three titles, available as a set) by Tim Wynne-Jones and Eric Beddowes.
- A Birthday for Bear by Bonnie Becker, illus. Kady MacDonald Denton.
- The Seven Sneezes by Olga Cabral.
- Jan Brett's Snowy Treasury. [four gorgeously illustrated winter stories]
- Against the Odds by Marjolijn Hof.
- Canada Counts, a Charles Pachter counting book.
- The Bride's Farewell by Meg Rosoff.
- Our Choice - How We Can Solve the Climate Crisis, young readers edition, by Al Gore.
- The Battle of the Sun by Jeanette Winterson.
Extra recommendations from Ken:
- When Stella Was Very, Very Small by Marie-Louise Gay.
- You're Mean, Lily Jean by Frieda Wishinsky, illus. Kady MacDonald Denton.
- Farley Follows His Nose by Lynn Johnston and Beth Cruikshank.
- Hoaxed! Fakes & Mistakes in the World of Science by the editors of Yes Magazine.
- A Thousand Years of Pirates by William Gilkerson.
- Thumb and the Bad Guys by Ken Roberts (for ages 7 to 9).
- Dunces Anonymous by Kate Jaimet (for ages 9+).
- Medina Hill by Trilby Kent (for ages 10+).