- Alan Doyle Newfoundland's music star has a new memoir about his small-town beginnings.
Newfoundland's music star has a new memoir about his small-town beginnings.
- New Ottawa shooting: Hockey takes its place in Canada's healing video
- The Ottawa Senators hope they can do their part in the process of mourning Cpl. Nathan Cirillo on Saturday night and help the nation's capital come together after this week's shooting on Parliament Hill.
- Updated Ottawa shooting: Parliament Hill now open to public video
- The National War Memorial was the scene of a touching moment between a local paramedic and an imam as Canadians returned to the grounds of Parliament Hill for the first time after an attack in the nation's capital that left one soldier dead.
- Jaylen Fryberg reportedly targeted cousins in Washington school shooting video
- Authorities are seeking a motive as to why a high school student in Washington shot dead a female classmate and wounded four others in a campus cafeteria before killing himself.
- Jack Bruce, bassist from 1960s band Cream, dead at 71
- Musician Jack Bruce, best known as the bassist from the 1960s group Cream, has died. He was 71.
- Exclusive Ottawa shooting: The face-to-face encounter that ended the attack on Parliament video
- CBC News has learned dramatic new details about the final seconds of Wednesday's attack on Parliament Hill - and the crucial role Sergeant-at-Arms Kevin Vickers played in ending the threat. Evan Solomon has the story.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.