- new Half of First Nations children live in poverty
- Half of status First Nations children in Canada live in poverty, a troubling figure that jumps to nearly two-thirds in Saskatchewan and Manitoba, says a newly released report.
- analysis Neil Macdonald: Washington's obsession with leakers
- Julian Assange and Edward Snowden are just the most prominent targets in an all-out legal and propaganda campaign that America's security apparatus is mounting against leakers everywhere, Neil Macdonald writes.
- interactive Who's who in the Senate expense controversy
- Keeping track of the names popping up in the ongoing Senate expenses controversy — from the investigators to the four senators themselves — could be a difficult task for even the most seasoned political observers.
- How open is Ottawa's new 'open data' website?
- Treasury Board President Tony Clement is touting the federal government's revamped data portal as a "new natural resource." But that online window for previously published data arrives at the same time the government faces controversy over just how open it really is.
- 2 men jailed in Dominican wedding fight return to Canada
- Two Canadian men who were detained in the Dominican Republic for nearly three weeks after a post-wedding fight broke out at a resort have returned to Toronto, the latest step in a drama that the wife of one of the men said was "like a scene from the movies."
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
Watch the latest National online newscast.
Watch The National Mobile.
Download The National Mobile podcast.
Watch The National Mobile on your mobile device.
CBC Television Sunday - Friday 10pm ET, 10:30 NT
Saturday 6pm ET CBC News Network Monday - Saturday 9pm, 11pm ET/PT
Sunday 9pm ET
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Inside the News with Peter Mansbridge
- Exclusive behind the scenes videos, photo galleries, columns and special recommendations from Peter Mansbridge.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.
- Duncan McCue
- From underwater exploration to urban Vancouver to aboriginal culture, Duncan brings us B.C.'s best.
- Amanda Lang
- From the corner store to the bank tower, Amanda explains why business stories matter to everyone.