- Sgt. Andrew Doiron's death likely due to Kurdish fighter fatigue, general says
- Canadian special forces trainers will likely be advised to stay away from the front in northern Iraq after major Kurdish operations as it appears battle fatigue among peshmerga fighters was the likely cause of last month's fatal friendly fire incident.
- Updated Ottawa West-Nepean, Sudbury, Peterborough byelections on Oct. 19
- Elections Canada has announced three federal byelections to fill vacant seats in the House of Commons — but the date set is the same for the next expected general federal election.
- Ontario parents opposed to sex ed changes threaten to pull kids from school
- A group of Ontario parents is threatening to pull their kids out of school this week, in protest of the province's new sex-education curriculum.
- Canada's version of Hogewey dementia village recreates 'normal' life
- A Dutch village lives in what seems like The Truman Show. Few residents realize it's a care home for people with severe dementia. Similar facilities are springing up around the world. But, some are concerned these dementia villages are tricking patients into believing a false reality.
- Analysis Online partisan trolls a new fact of elections, international politics
- At this point, there is nothing to suggest Canada's political parties are paying armies of online trolls to stir up misinformation, as some foreign governments have been caught doing. But leave out the paid part and the effect is still the same, Ira Basen writes.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.