- Mandela's Lost Legacy Young South Africans unimpressed with Mandela's legacy
Mandela's Lost Legacy
Young South Africans unimpressed with Mandela's legacy
- Updated Canada Post to phase out urban home mail delivery video
- Canada Post is phasing out door-to-door delivery of regular mail to urban residents and increasing the cost of stamps in a major move to try to reduce significant, regular losses.
- Analysis Mandela's gut-check for the political right video
- Saint or sinner, statesman or terrorist? For some, especially Reagan-era conservatives, coming to terms with Nelson Mandela has been a long, strange trip.
- Exclusive Mint chair Jim Love signed deal to keep taxman in dark about offshore case video
- A $15-million lawsuit against the chair of the Canadian Mint, which turned up evidence that millions of dollars were moved through offshore havens in a "tax avoidance scheme," ended with a pact not to alert the Canada Revenue Agency about the case, CBC News has learned.
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Time magazine named Pope Francis as its Person of the Year on Wednesday, crediting him with shifting the message of the Catholic Church while capturing the "imaginations of millions" who had become disillusioned with the Vatican.
- Canada Post changes mean 8,000 fewer jobs video
- Sweeping changes announced today to the way Canada Post operates could lead to as many as 8,000 fewer employees for the mail service.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
Watch the latest National online newscast.
Watch The National Mobile.
Download The National Mobile podcast.
Watch The National Mobile on your mobile device.
CBC Television Sunday - Friday 10pm ET, 10:30 NT
Saturday 6pm ET CBC News Network Monday - Saturday 9pm, 11pm ET/PT
Sunday 9pm ET
- FLAG OF MANY FACES
- Had your picture taken as part of a massive Canadian flag project? Find your face and tell us your story.
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Inside the News with Peter Mansbridge
- Exclusive behind the scenes videos, photo galleries, columns and special recommendations from Peter Mansbridge.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.
- Reg Sherren
- Reg Sherren has been introducing Canadians to the people and stories they care about for over three decades. An award-winning journalist, he has worked around...
- Amanda Lang
- Amanda Lang is the senior business correspondent for CBC News, contributing regularly to The National. She also anchors The Lang & O'Leary Exchange on CBC...