- Pulling No Punches The Polaris Prize winner's controversial seal hunt stand.
Pulling No Punches
The Polaris Prize winner's controversial seal hunt stand.
- 1st Ebola case diagnosed in U.S. confirmed by CDC video
- Top health officials have confirmed the first case of Ebola diagnosed in the U.S., saying a patient who recently travelled to Liberia has the disease and is being treated in isolation at a Texas hospital.
- Special Report Ebola virus in Liberia creates body recovery dangers
- The wail of an ambulance doesn't always mean help is on the way in Liberia's capital. Instead, it often signals the arrival of a "dead body management team" tasked with safely collecting and disposing of the corpses of people who died in confirmed or suspected cases of Ebola.
- International Emmy win for CBC's the fifth estate Made in Bangladesh documentary video
- CBC News show the fifth estate has won an International Emmy award for its documentary about the Rana Plaza garment factory collapse in Bangladesh.
- Hong Kong protests holding strong through lightning, rain video
- On the sixth day of a determined mass campaign to occupy sections of Hong Kong and express fury at a Chinese decision to limit voters' choices in a 2017 leadership election, there was little sign of momentum flagging.
- Wild chimps learn from others to make new tools
- Wild chimpanzees that see a friend or relative fashioning and using a new kind of tool often go on to make one for themselves, scientists report, providing good evidence that wild chimpanzees pass on culture by learning from each other.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.