- Tortured Stories of survival to mark the UN's International Day in Support of Victims of Torture
Stories of survival to mark the UN's International Day in Support of Victims of Torture
- Updated 6 WestJet passengers injured after flight from Edmonton diverted to Winnipeg video
- Six passengers were injured after a WestJet flight from Edmonton to Toronto was diverted to Winnipeg on Monday night due to an unspecified threat.
- Greece says crisis won't affect tourists, but Canada urges travellers to bring cash video
- Greece, at pains to protect one of the economy's only bright spots, rushed on Monday to assure tourists that their holidays would be untouched by the restrictions imposed to protect the tottering banking system.
- Deadly Nunavut crash prompts calls for mandatory child seats on planes video
- The death of a six-month-old boy after a crash-landing in 2012 has prompted investigators from the Transportation Safety Board to call for stricter rules to keep children safe during commercial flights.
- Hive of 50,000 honeybees removed from Cambridge, Ont., home
- Beekeeper Dave Schuit, who removed about 50,000 honeybees from a home in Cambridge, Ont., says the healthy hive had plenty of eggs, and would have grown to 80,000 bees in a month.
- Public service unions file charter challenge over sick leave changes
- Twelve federal public service unions have filed a legal challenge to the budget bill passed earlier this year — and the country's largest such union plans to file its own challenge Tuesday — arguing that the bill's plan to save $900 million by overhauling sick leave is unconstitutional.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.