- Analysis Parliament Hill shooter Zehaf-Bibeau's cellphone manifesto barely a minute long video
- The cellphone video belonging to Parliament Hill shooter Michael Zehaf-Bibeau is expected to be made public Friday. CBC News has learned it is barely a minute long, so it may not stem the debate over whether he is a committed jihadist or merely a mentally disturbed individual.
- Alberta wages almost 25% higher than Canadian average
- As Alberta tries to figure out a way through the oil price collapse, the topic of high wages keeps coming up. The average wage in Alberta is nearly 25 per cent higher than in the rest of the country, and economists, politicians and executives say that's too much.
- SAD science: Why winter brings us down, but won't for long video
- For many Canadians, winter is the season of our discontent. About two to five per cent of Canadians will have a severe, clinical form of Seasonal Affective Disorder. But what’s to blame for the physiological effects of our chilly moods?
- Ottawa's de-radicalization focus much too narrow, reformed skinhead says video
- Ottawa should focus on more than just Muslim extremists in its current anti-terror campaign, says a former skinhead, now part of a federally sponsored de-radicalization program. Aggressive actions toward certain groups only can backfire, he says, a view backed up by academic research.
- Parliament Hill security incidents few and tame before Oct. 22 shooting
- Two years' worth of RCMP security reports for incidents on Parliament Hill show few risks posed to politicians and VIPs prior to the Oct. 22 shooting. A dozen reports from 2013 and 2014 show only minor cases of wrong-way driving, combative emails and letters and occasional unlocked construction vehicles.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.