- Interview: Christiana Figueres The U.N. Climate Chief (diplomatically) discusses Canada.
Interview: Christiana Figueres
The U.N. Climate Chief (diplomatically) discusses Canada.
- Updated Federal budget 2015: Conservatives dig into contingency to hit surplus video
- Finance Minister Joe Oliver has managed to keep the Conservatives' 2011 election promise to return Canada to a surplus in 2015 with a federal budget that has the government spending $1.4 billion less than it takes in – despite a spate of pre-election tax cuts announced last fall.
- Federal budget 2015: 8 winners in the Conservative pre-election budget video
- The federal budget introduced Tuesday includes promises to everyone from students to small business owners and seniors. Here's a glimpse at some of the people who stand to benefit from the Conservative budget.
- 6 big home insurance misconceptions video
- What's common practice isn't always common knowledge in the home-insurance game. On the heels of a CBC Go Public investigation, insurance policy experts lay out some standard limitations, exclusions and misconceptions home owners should know about.
- Chimpanzees look both ways before crossing the street, researchers find
- Many human pedestrians could learn a thing or two about road safety from chimpanzees in Uganda.
- Federal budget 2015: How Joe Oliver balanced the books
- Finance Minister Joe Oliver unveiled a balanced budget Tuesday that posts a $1.4-billion surplus largely on the strength of money already banked from asset sales and by holding a little less money aside for unexpected pitfalls down the line.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.