- From Player to Philanthropist The Canadiens star is building a legacy beyond hockey.
From Player to Philanthropist
The Canadiens star is building a legacy beyond hockey.
- Elections Canada says 3.6 million votes cast during advance polls
- Elections Canada says an estimated 3.6 million people voted during four days of advance polls, representing a 71 per cent increase over advance polls in 2011, which were held over three days.
- Tom Mulcair says NDP government would move to legalize marijuana video
- Tom Mulcair is promising that an NDP government would move toward legalizing marijuana.
- Democratic debate: Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders square off over gun control
- Hillary Clinton vigorously defended her shifting positions on trade, gay marriage and other issues as she opened the first Democratic debate Tuesday, denying that she changes her views to match the mood of voters.
- NYPD stop-and-frisk 'receipts' get cold reception on the streets
- New York police have formally introduced a system of issuing stop-and-frisk “receipts” to justify reasons for every such encounter. But the new paperwork isn't getting such a warm welcome from police or from individuals being stopped in public.
- Analysis What the final week of 2011 election might tell us about 2015
- Voting intentions shifted significantly in the last week of the 2011 campaign. But it was the continuation of a longer-term trend. What might happen this time around?
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.