- Prime Minister Stephen Harper Sits down with Peter Mansbridge for a year-end interview
Prime Minister Stephen Harper
Sits down with Peter Mansbridge for a year-end interview
- Updated BlackBerry reports $148M US loss in 3rd quarter, revenues down
- BlackBerry posted a $148-million US net loss, equivalent to 28 cents per share, on revenue of $793 million for the quarter ended Nov. 30.
- Stabbings in Cairns, Australia leave 8 children dead, woman injured
- Eight dead children and a woman suffering from stab wounds were found inside a home in a northern Australian city on Friday, police said.
- Analysis What could Wildrose's Danielle Smith possibly have been thinking? video audio
- She was probably the most effective opposition leader Alberta has seen in decades, Kathleen Petty writes. But when Wildrose leader Danielle Smith crossed the floor to the government benches she also opened the door to cyncism.
- Analysis Theatres shunning The Interview are likely buckling to 'an empty threat'
- A hacker group possibly linked to North Korea that threatened to commit Sept. 11-style acts against theatres showing the film The Interview was engaging in a lot of bluster and likely posed no credible security risk to moviegoers, say some security experts.
- Analysis Why it's so hard to know when oil will bounce back: Don Pittis
- From Russian political stability to the value of Canada's oil sands companies, there is a lot riding on the price of oil. But economic analysts are proposing very different views on whether, when and how much the price of oil will rise, Don Pittis says.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.