- Tories dump candidate who touts therapies to turn gay youth straight video
- The Conservatives have dumped a candidate in suburban Toronto who defended therapies that attempt to turn gays straight and who penned an editorial that referred to homosexuality as "unnatural behaviour" and heterosexuals as "normal."
- Canada not prepared for 'demographic bomb,' Mulcair says as he touts health plan
- Canada is ill-prepared for the "demographic bomb" set to hit the health-care system, NDP Leader Tom Mulcair said Tuesday as he highlighted commitments such as a plan to deliver universal, prescription drug coverage.
- Analysis Poll Tracker: Conservatives, Liberals trading lead in muddled polling race
- Most polls show the race is still a toss-up between the Conservatives and Liberals, but not every poll agrees. Is mode of contact the source of the disagreement? Poll analyst Eric Grenier takes a look.
- Photos Arthur B. McDonald latest Canadian Nobel Prize winner
- Arthur McDonald, a professor emeritus at Queen's University in Kingston, Ont., is the co-winner of the 2015 Nobel Prize in physics. He joins author Alice Munro and insulin-discoverer Frederick Banting among prominent Canadian Nobel laureates.
- Niqab ban for public servants would be considered: Stephen Harper video
- Conservative Leader Stephen Harper says his government would consider banning public servants from wearing the niqab, but rejects the suggestion that recent assaults against Muslim women should stifle debate about the issue.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.