- Tortured Stories of survival to mark the UN's International Day in Support of Victims of Torture
Stories of survival to mark the UN's International Day in Support of Victims of Torture
- Analysis Thomas Mulcair's NDP leads in national polls as climactic summer begins
- The NDP would likely win if an election were held today. But will the numbers hold? CBC poll analyst Éric Grenier breaks down the state of the race.
- 6 WestJet passengers injured after flight from Edmonton diverted to Winnipeg video
- Six passengers were hurt in an emergency evacuation of a WestJet plane that was forced to land in Winnipeg because of a threat.
- Hundreds of low-income families shortchanged EI payments
- A computer glitch has been withholding employment insurance money from hundreds of families. Officials are now scrambling to pay the money back.
- Summer forecast calls for more cool weather in July for Ontario, Quebec
- Canadians can expect to see more of the same in July - cooler temperatures in Ontario and Quebec and hotter temperatures across the West and Atlantic Canada.
- Greece financial crisis: European Commission makes last-ditch efforts video
- The head of the European Commission made a last-minute offer to try to persuade Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras to accept a bailout deal he has rejected before a referendum on Sunday which EU partners say will be a choice of whether to stay in the euro.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.