- Updated Canada adds 12,000 jobs in September but unemployment rate rises to 7.1%
- Canada's economy added 12,000 jobs last month, but the unemployment rate increased slightly to 7.1 per cent because more people were also looking for work.
- Analysis Conservative attack ads aim to sway voters against Trudeau come 'decision time'
- Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau is the focus of two new attack ads from the Conservative Party, providing solid evidence that Prime Minister Stephen Harper's campaign brain trust has concluded that this election has become a two-horse race.
- Live Northern Arizona University campus shooting leaves 1 dead, 3 wounded video
- OfficA shooting outside an Arizona university dormitory early Friday left one person dead, three others wounded and the suspected shooter in custody, a school official said.
- Breaking Facebook extortionist gets probation but no jail time
- A Nova Scotia teen convicted of possession of child pornography and extortion after he used fake Facebook accounts to torment two girls online, to the point they tried to take their own lives, will not go to jail for his crimes.
- Updated Audrey Carey of Quebec a victim of a killing spree, San Francisco police say
- Three young people booked on murder warrants in the shooting death of a yoga teacher in Northern California are also suspected of killing a 23-year-old Quebec woman in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.