- Shania Twain The singer talks about turning a corner and turning 50.
The singer talks about turning a corner and turning 50.
- The Deficit Debate | At Issue Things got heated this week as the three main parties ramp up the rhetoric around the D-word...deficit.
The Deficit Debate | At Issue
Things got heated this week as the three main parties ramp up the rhetoric around the D-word...deficit.
- Stock Market Shock | The Bottom Line This week's market mayhem was sudden and dramatic. Some analysis from The Bottom Line Panel.
Stock Market Shock | The Bottom Line
This week's market mayhem was sudden and dramatic. Some analysis from The Bottom Line Panel.
- Analysis Poll Tracker: Are the Conservatives headed for 3rd?
- Recent polls suggest that Stephen Harper's Conservatives may be in the midst of a slide that could see them surpassed by Justin Trudeau's Liberals for second place behind the surging NDP.
- How censors are keeping Chinese citizens in the dark about "Black Monday"
- What was behind China's big stock market fall this week? According to Chinese media reports, the answer had nothing to do with the country's economic weakness. As government censors suppress information about the market crash, Day 6 talks to an anonymous activist who unblocks censored information in China.
- 'Narrowest house' in Toronto hits market at $750,000
- A detached house in Toronto is running for less than $1 million, with one major caveat: It's only eight-feet wide.
- China's great fall, loonie's swan dive & some mushy math on taxes: BUSINESS WEEK WRAP video
- From fears that China's stock bubble is overinflated, to some new numbers meant to show how overtaxed Canadians are, it was a busy week in the business news. Good thing the CBC's Jacqueline Hansen is here to walk you through the week that was in her video recap.
- Alberta regulator orders Nexen to shut 95 pipelines at site of massive leak
- The Alberta Energy Regulator has ordered Nexen Energy to suspend operations on 95 pipelines at its Long Lake oilsands operation in northern Alberta, where five million litres of bitumen, sand and oil leaked last month.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.