- New Ottawa shooting: How Parliament will carry on video
- MPs will be sitting in the House of Commons as usual today following yesterday's deadly shooting in the capital, but security measures will likely be stepped up and the Hill will be closed to visitors.
- Analysis Ottawa Parliament shooting: We've known this day was coming video
- As Canadians, we've been lucky up to this point, Brian Stewart writes. We've been telling ourselves for some time now we could be the object of a terror attack. Now is the time to show our resilience.
- Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, shot dead in Ottawa, dreamed of becoming full-time soldier video
- Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, 24, a reservist based in Hamilton with the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders regiment leaves behind a young son. A cadet since age 13, he dreamed of becoming a full-time soldier.
- New Ottawa shooting: The challenge of stopping homegrown attacks video
- Extremists who have a common goal but may not be part of an organized structured militant group like al-Qaeda or ISIS pose significant challenges to Canadians security agencies trying to thwart homegrown attacks.
- New Ottawa shooting: 15 minutes of terror in the Conservative caucus room video
- Prime Minister Stephen Harper and his Conservative MPs pinned themselves against the walls of their barricaded caucus room after piling furniture against the door to prevent a gunman from entering during Wednesday's chaotic attack on Parliament Hill.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.