- Breaking Firefighters injured battling Mississauga pesticide warehouse blaze
- Four firefighters have been injured and one of them is in critical condition after fighting a three-alarm fire at a pesticide storage warehouse in Mississauga, Ont., early this morning.
- New Everest avalanche: How a Sherpa strike will affect Nepal's tourist industry
- A walkout by Sherpa mountain climbers following the tragic deaths of 16 guides on Mount Everest will certainly have an impact on the Nepalese economy. High-altitude mountaineering and the industry that supports it are crucial parts of the area's tourism.
- Ukraine crisis orchestrated by U.S., Russia's Lavrov says video
- Russia would retaliate if its citizens' interests were threatened and its territory came under attack, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov was quoted as saying, adding the United States was behind events in Ukraine.
- Analysis The growing pandemic of political speak
- A forthcoming book by Harvard thinker Steven Pinker takes direct aim at the growing amount of bafflegab in academic and political discourse. Journalists might want to duck as well, Neil Macdonald writes.
- Travel insurance and extreme sports: How Canadians can protect themselves video
- High-risk holiday activities can end up being the furthest thing from a cheap thrill, especially when insurers dismiss a claim following a costly injury.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- FLAG OF MANY FACES
- Had your picture taken as part of a massive Canadian flag project? Find your face and tell us your story.
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.