- Updated South Korean ferry sinking rescue hampered by weather
- An immediate evacuation order was not issued for the ferry that sank off South Korea's southern coast, likely with about 290 people trapped inside, because officers on the bridge were trying to stabilize the vessel after it started to list, a crew member said Thursday.
- New McDonald's foreign workers call it 'slavery'
- Foreign workers recruited from Belize are accusing McDonald’s Canada of treating them like ‘slaves,' by effectively forcing them to share an expensive apartment – then deducting almost half their take-home pay as rent.
- Timeline Calgary stabbings timeline: What we know happened video
- Early Tuesday morning five people were stabbed to death at a house party hosted by university students. Here's what we know so far about what happened.
- Analysis Ukraine crisis moving from bluster to diplomacy
- Ukraine's attempt at a military solution to its problems with pro-Russia separatists look to be in disarray. But that may all be to the good, Nahlah Ayed writes, as foreign ministers gather in Geneva today to try to end the standoff.
- Updated Ukraine crisis: Putin dismisses claims Russian forces causing unrest
- Russia's President Vladimir Putin dismisses claims that Russian special forces are fomenting unrest in eastern Ukraine as "nonsense," but expressed hope for success of four-way talks on settling the crisis.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- FLAG OF MANY FACES
- Had your picture taken as part of a massive Canadian flag project? Find your face and tell us your story.
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.