- Nepal earthquake: Death toll rises to over 3,700 video
- The death toll from Nepal's earthquake soared past 3,700 Monday, and how much higher it would rise depended largely on the condition of vulnerable mountain villages that rescue workers were still struggling to reach two days after the disaster.
- Go Public Woman with cerebral palsy loses Quebec's help because mom saved for her future
- A young Quebec woman with cerebral palsy has been cut off from provincial assistance, because her elderly mom set up a modest trust fund to pay for her future care. "Even though I am an adult, it feels like I am being treated as a child," says Sarah Davidson.
- Analysis Mike Duffy Trial: Gerald Donohue and the $64K question
- The Crown contends companies connected to long-time Mike Duffy friend Gerald Donohue received more than $64,000 from the Senate. Donohue's testimony this week is expected to be central to the Crown's allegation of fraud.
- Alberta's wonky election polls one thing, rogue Tories a sign of bigger trouble video
- It is a very odd thing about the Alberta election, Kathleen Petty writes. Jim Prentice's ruling Tories are getting clobbered in opinion polls that no one seems to believe. Still, the signs of something coming apart are not hard to find.
- Nepal earthquake: Canada readies aid, disaster team
- The Harper government stepped up its response to earthquake-ravaged Nepal on Sunday by dispatching advance elements of its highly specialized disaster assistance response team.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.