- Analysis Timing of Peter MacKay's departure politically damaging video audio
- Even senior Conservative ministers, still reeling from an announcement most did not see coming, could not spin this one: losing Justice Minister Peter MacKay leaves a big hole in their party.
- Residential schools findings point to 'cultural genocide,' commission chair says video
- Justice Murray Sinclair, the chair of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission, says at least 6,000 aboriginal children died in Canada's residential schools. The exact number could be much higher because documentation is scant.
- Analysis Freedom of information laws a poor match for secretive governments, advocates say
- Allegations that B.C. government staffers are deleting emails confirm suspicions of advocates who say freedom of information laws are proving a poor match for the cunning of secretive bureaucrats.
- Beluga whale sighting in Halifax Harbour sparks warning video
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada is warning people to stay away from a beluga whale spotted in the waters of Halifax Harbour this week.
- Peter MacKay: Nearly 20 years in the political spotlight
- Peter MacKay has been celebrated for his military advocacy, put under fire over the F-35 fiasco, recognized for his role in uniting the Conservative party and objectified, as he was routinely named Canada's sexiest MP.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.