- New Iceland volcano: Bardarbunga aviation alert raised to red
- Iceland raised its aviation alert for the volcano to the highest level of red on Saturday, indicating an eruption that could cause "significant emission of ash into the atmosphere." Red is the highest alert warning on a five-point scale.
- Updated Tina Fontaine’s family prepares for slain teen's funeral on Saturday video
- Tina Fontaine's family is preparing to say their final goodbyes to the 15-year-old girl who was found dead in Winnipeg's Red River last weekend.
- ISIS atrocities in Iraq: What's Canada's next move? video
- Canadian leaders call the violent attacks in Iraq "unspeakable barbarism" and even "genocide." But beyond the strong words, how can Canada make a difference in the crisis?
- New Ebola outbreak: Ivory Coast closes western borders video
- Ivory Coast has closed its land borders with Ebola-affected West African neighbours Guinea and Liberia in an attempt to prevent the world's deadliest outbreak of the virus from spreading onto its territory, the government announced.
- Alberta's cloud-seeding pilots see 2nd busiest year in 20 years video
- Fighting hailstorms in Alberta is getting a whole lot busier, according to the people behind the Alberta Hail Suppression Project, which uses planes to fly into storms and seed clouds in order to lessen the damage caused by hail.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.