- Harper pledges transparency on TPP while Mulcair says talks have been 'secret' video
- Conservative Leader Stephen Harper says the terms of a finalized TTP will be made public, but said Saturday the final decision ultimately rests with Parliament, while NDP Leader Tom Mulcair slammed the Tories for "negotiating in secret" and vowed to "rip up" the deal if it puts family farms at risk.
- 19 dead in apparent U.S. airstrike on Afghan Doctors Without Borders hospital video
- An airstrike apparently by U.S. forces that killed at least 19 people in an Afghan hospital run by Médecins Sans Frontières "may amount to a war crime," the UN's human rights chief says.
- Oregon college shooting: Gunman killed himself as officers arrived video
- As a 26-year-old killer gunned down victims inside an Oregon college classroom, he spared one student and gave him a package to deliver to authorities, according to the grandmother of a witness. The gunman's father also says he had no idea his son had guns, and the laws should be changed.
- Justin Trudeau calls Gilles Duceppe 'my love' in French debate, tongue slip goes viral video
- A comedic slip of the tongue — which saw Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau accidentally call Bloc Québécois Leader Gilles Duceppe "mon amour" — stole the imagination of the internet during Friday's French-language leaders' debate and got #monamour trending across the country.
- Chase the Ace winner Donelda MacAskill takes home over $1.7M video
- After spending $125 on tickets Saturday, Donelda MacAskill of Englishtown, N.S., won the Chase the Ace jackpot of $1,771,256.76 in the tiny community of Inverness.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.