- Senator Nancy Ruth slams auditors over 'breakfast' claims video
- A Conservative senator today bristled at questions auditors have put to her about her expenses, saying she shouldn't be expected to eat airline breakfasts. "If you want ice-cold camembert with broken crackers, have it!" said Senator Nancy Ruth.
- NYPD detective caught on video berating Uber driver reassigned
- A New York police detective was transferred from the department's elite Joint Terrorism Task Force on Wednesday after a video showing him screaming at an Uber driver over an alleged traffic violation went viral online, police said.
- Amit Chakma, Western University president, to give back half of $924K salary
- The president of Western University has announced he will voluntarily refund the school nearly half his $924,000 salary last year, money he received in lieu of taking an administrative leave.
- Syrian girl's 'surrender' to photographer caught in heartbreaking image
- When photojournalist Osman Sagirli approached four-year-old Hudea, the refugee girl raised her hands in surrender, thinking his camera was a gun. The resulting photo has spread around the world, becoming a symbol of the human toll of the war in Syria.
- War in Iraq and Syria will cost Canada $528M by next year, Kenney says
- Canada's war in Iraq and Syria is expected to cost more than half a billion dollars by this time next year, Defence Minister Jason Kenney revealed Wednesday, one day after federal budget reports stamped the estimate as secret.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.