- Tortured Stories of survival to mark the UN's International Day in Support of Victims of Torture
Stories of survival to mark the UN's International Day in Support of Victims of Torture
- WestJet flight diverted to Calgary over bomb threat
- A WestJet flight from Vancouver to Toronto was diverted to Calgary last night after yet another threat. It was the third "hoax" involving a bomb scare and the fourth threat overall against the airline in the past five days.
- Poverty porn reality TV can highlight working class struggles
- Critics call it poverty porn, the oppression Olympics and the working class Hunger Games. But what some say is exploitative, humiliating TV may have the capacity to do good.
- Swatting prank traumatizing for targets, dangerous for everyone, police say
- Swatting, a prank that involves phoning 911 to report a non-existent threat to someone's house, is traumatizing for homeowners and dangerous for everyone involved, including police and bystanders.
- Airbnb renters hope to score big cash during Toronto's Pan Am Games
- Staying at an Airbnb room or apartment could be more expensive than renting a room in one of Toronto's top hotels during the Pan Am Games, a CBC/Radio-Canada data analysis finds.
- Analysis Arthur Porter's death in Panama leaves lingering questions about McGill, extradition
- Dr. Arthur Porter's death in a Panama City hospital late Tuesday leaves many questions unanswered, including why the Conservative supporter and spy-review committee chairman was never brought back to Canada.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.