- NORAD's Santa Tracker How a strict military man started the Christmas tradition.
NORAD's Santa Tracker
How a strict military man started the Christmas tradition.
- New Rafael Ramos, slain NYC police officer, to be honoured at wake
- About 100 friends and relatives of a New York City police officer who was gunned down along with his partner have lined up outside a Queens church a full hour before his wake is set to begin.
- First Nation girl, 6, now conscious after brutal beating
- The six-year-old girl who was nearly beaten to death on the Paul Band First Nation in Alberta awoke on Christmas Day and asked for Santa Claus.
- Updated CP Rail derailment west of Banff sends cars into creek bed
- A Canadian Pacific Railway freight train travelling west of Banff, Alta., derailed early today, sending rail cars into a creek bed below a bridge.
- The tsunami of 2004 and the little girl in the Christmas dress video audio
- Ten years ago, when the giant Boxing Day tsunami roared through the Indian Ocean, claiming over 230,000 lives, a CBC News crew found a little girl all alone on the beach in Sri Lanka. Adrienne Arsenault had to go back to find out what happened to Abirami.
- Boxing Day: What's open or closed across the country
- A number of retail stores are open Boxing Day for Canadians who want to do their bargain hunting in person, but other services are closed across the country.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.