- Updated Prophet Muhammad cartoon contest shooting: 2 gunmen killed
- Authorities in a Dallas suburb say two armed men who opened fire on a security officer outside of a contest for cartoons depictions of the Prophet Muhammad have been killed.
- Justin Trudeau set to put flesh on bones of promise to help middle class
- The Liberal leader is set to unveil a major economic plank that will underpin his party's eventual platform for the federal election scheduled for October.
- Ontario parents opposed to sex ed changes threaten to pull kids from school
- A group of Ontario parents is threatening to pull their kids out of school this week, in protest of the province's new sex-education curriculum.
- Sgt. Andrew Doiron's death likely due to Kurdish fighter fatigue, general says
- Canadian special forces trainers will likely be advised to stay away from the front in northern Iraq after major Kurdish operations as it appears battle fatigue among peshmerga fighters was the likely cause of last month's fatal friendly fire incident.
- Ottawa West-Nepean, Sudbury, Peterborough byelections on Oct. 19
- Elections Canada has announced three federal byelections to fill vacant seats in the House of Commons — but the date set is the same for the next expected general federal election.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.