- Own Summer: The Long Walk Dana Meise has chosen to honour his father by hiking the Trans Canada Trail.
Own Summer: The Long Walk
Dana Meise has chosen to honour his father by hiking the Trans Canada Trail.
- Mission Accomplished: Own Summer These Canadians have hopped off the hammock and made their summer count.
Mission Accomplished: Own Summer
These Canadians have hopped off the hammock and made their summer count.
- New Jean Chrétien says Canada is all in on Iraq mission audio
- Former prime minister Jean Chétien tells CBC Radio's The House that Canada is all in on Iraq now that it has joined the U.S.-led coalition. And he warns it will be hard to say no to any further requests for support in the fight against ISIS.
- Turkey says 49 hostages seized by ISIS have been freed
- Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said Saturday that 49 hostages who were seized by Islamic militants in Iraq have been freed and safely returned to Turkey, ending Turkey's most serious hostage crisis.
- Analysis Scotland vote just the start of a rough ride for U.K.
- For those with long memories, the morning-after in Scotland — indeed the final days of the heated campaign — seemed an eerie replay of Quebec’s first referendum in 1980, writes Don Murray.
- Canadian fighter jets intercept Russian bombers in Arctic
- Fighter jets intercepted two Russian bombers flying about 75 kilometres off Canada’s Arctic coast in the early morning hours Thursday, NORAD revealed to CBC News.
- Analysis Polls suggest Liberals poised for government, despite late PC gains
- Though the race is tightening, the Liberals under Brian Gallant appear on track to form New Brunswick's next government when voters go to the polls on Sept. 22. Poll analyst Éric Grenier takes a look at the numbers heading into the campaign's final weekend.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.