- Sharing the Wealth This lottery winner is using his $25 million to help others
Sharing the Wealth
This lottery winner is using his $25 million to help others
- In Conversation with Peter Mansbridge The author talks about history... real and imagined.
In Conversation with Peter Mansbridge
The author talks about history... real and imagined.
- Crane worker saved from Kingston fire in 'extremely unusual rescue' video
- The military rescue technician who was lowered from a helicopter to save a crane operator stranded above a massive fire in Kingston, Ont., credits daily training for the success of an "extremely unusual rescue."
- Hamilton police officer Ian Matthews dies after shooting self at central station
- The Hamilton police officer who shot himself inside the central police station Tuesday afternoon died at around 10 p.m. He has been identified as Ian Matthews, a former homicide investigator.
- Rob Ford apology not enough for Toronto Star reporter in libel claim video audio
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has apologized to Toronto Star reporter Daniel Dale over remarks suggesting he was a pedophile and that the reporter was spying on his children. But the reporter is not satisfied, and will be pursuing a libel lawsuit.
- Calgary lotto winner Tom Crist starts to dole out $40M prize video audio
- The Tom Baker Cancer Centre is the first recipient of winnings from the Calgary lottery player who won $40 million and pledged to give it all away.
- Chinese woman dies from bird flu strain new to humans
- Chinese authorities said Wednesday that a 73-year-old Chinese woman died after being infected with a bird flu strain that had sickened a human for the first time, a development that the World Health Organization called "worrisome."
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
Watch the latest National online newscast.
Watch The National Mobile.
Download The National Mobile podcast.
Watch The National Mobile on your mobile device.
CBC Television Sunday - Friday 10pm ET, 10:30 NT
Saturday 6pm ET CBC News Network Monday - Saturday 9pm, 11pm ET/PT
Sunday 9pm ET
- FLAG OF MANY FACES
- Had your picture taken as part of a massive Canadian flag project? Find your face and tell us your story.
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Inside the News with Peter Mansbridge
- Exclusive behind the scenes videos, photo galleries, columns and special recommendations from Peter Mansbridge.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.
- Reg Sherren
- Reg Sherren has been introducing Canadians to the people and stories they care about for over three decades.
- Amanda Lang
- Amanda Lang is the senior business correspondent for CBC News, contributing regularly to The National.