- Turning Point The consequences of Turkey's downing of a Russian warplane
The consequences of Turkey's downing of a Russian warplane
- Live Donors Would you give up an organ to give someone else a chance to live?
Would you give up an organ to give someone else a chance to live?
- Anonymous vs. ISIS A "hacktivist" expert explains the problems of a cyberwar.
Anonymous vs. ISIS
A "hacktivist" expert explains the problems of a cyberwar.
- Updated Queen says it's 'extraordinary' to meet her 2nd Prime Minister Trudeau
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was at Buckingham Palace this morning for a meeting with Queen Elizabeth in the first stop of a one-week international trip. Later today, he'll meet U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron at 10 Downing Street.
- Russian President Putin orders air defence missiles to Syria after Turkey downs warplane video
- Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday ordered state-of-the art air defence missile systems to be deployed at a Russian air base in Syria following the downing of a Russian warplane by Turkey, a move that raised the threat of a military confrontation between the NATO member and Russia.
- Analysis Justin Trudeau's delay in resettling 25,000 Syrian refugees may be a smart political move video
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has acknowledged that his government won’t keep his promise to resettle 25,000 Syrian refugees in Canada before the end of the year. But as Chris Hall writes, that may be a smart political manoeuvre.
- Endless telemarketing calls, scams and how the big telcos could stop them
- Robocalls from illegal telemarketing operations are more than just annoying, they're often scams that bilk Canadians out of tens of millions of dollars every year. Consumer advocates say phone companies could use "spam filters for the phone" to prevent these calls from getting through.
- Security at 'very top' of priorities in refugee plan, says Ralph Goodale video
- Some 500 Canadian officials are being deployed to Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey to be Canada's eyes and ears on the ground as thousands of Syrian refugees are selected for resettlement in this country.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.