- Turning Point The consequences of Turkey's downing of a Russian warplane
The consequences of Turkey's downing of a Russian warplane
- Live Donors Would you give up an organ to give someone else a chance to live?
Would you give up an organ to give someone else a chance to live?
- Anonymous vs. ISIS A "hacktivist" expert explains the problems of a cyberwar.
Anonymous vs. ISIS
A "hacktivist" expert explains the problems of a cyberwar.
- Updated Russian airman says no warnings from Turkey before warplane shot down video
- A Russian airman who survived the downing of his warplane says Turkish jets did not issue any warnings, but Turkey countered with the release of what it said was an audio recording of a warning instructing the Russian aircraft to change course.
- New Mortgage rates inch higher from record summer lows
- Canadian mortgage rates have bounced up from their record lows of this summer in anticipation of an improving economy prompting central banks to do the same.
- Updated Queen says it's 'extraordinary' to meet her 2nd Prime Minister Trudeau video
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was at Buckingham Palace this morning for a meeting with Queen Elizabeth in the first stop of a one-week international trip. Later today, he'll meet U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron at 10 Downing Street.
- CBC Investigates Ex-hostage says there may be Canadian al-Qaeda link
- Former hostage Matthew Schrier worries about a Canadian in his early 20s who converted to Islam in his late teens, a man he has never met.
- Einstein's general theory of relativity at 100: 5 great things it brought
- What would science fiction be without wormholes and warp speed? As Albert Einstein's general theory of relativity turns 100, here are five ways it has made the universe – in reality and in science fiction – a more interesting place.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.