- Pulling No Punches The Polaris Prize winner's controversial seal hunt stand.
Pulling No Punches
The Polaris Prize winner's controversial seal hunt stand.
- Updated Luka Magnotta trial: Jun Lin's boyfriend testifies
- Lin Feng was called by the Crown to testify today at the Luka Magnotta murder trial, interrupting the cross-examination of a police witness, because he is scheduled to return to China tomorrow.
- Analysis Hong Kong protests: Echoes of Tiananmen in today's demonstrations video
- Last week, a Chinese court sentenced a human rights advocate to life in prison and confiscated all his assets, leaving his family destitute. In Hong Kong, meanwhile, a detained student protester was released on a writ of habeas corpus. That's what's at stake in these demonstrations, Patrick Brown writes. Echoes of Tiananmen in Hong Kong's 'most civil' disobedience
- New Ebola outbreak sees MSF scale up in Liberia as patients keep coming video
- The UN mission dealing with the Ebola response has set bold goals to try and contain the outbreak, but in Liberia's capital, medical providers like Doctors Without Borders are working flat out just to keep up.
- New WWF’s Living Planet Report not all doom and gloom video audio
- The World Wildlife Fund's report on the state of the global environment paints a pretty gloomy picture of a planet in decline. Still, the WWF says, "the challenge is not an insurmountable one." Here are six examples of how we can fix the problem.
- 'Deadbeats' across Canada owe more than $3.7B in support video
- They're commonly called "deadbeats" — people who refuse to support their families after courts order them to pay — and CBC News has learned they owe more than $3.7 billion across the country for support orders.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.