- Turning Point The consequences of Turkey's downing of a Russian warplane
The consequences of Turkey's downing of a Russian warplane
- Live Donors Would you give up an organ to give someone else a chance to live?
Would you give up an organ to give someone else a chance to live?
- Anonymous vs. ISIS A "hacktivist" expert explains the problems of a cyberwar.
Anonymous vs. ISIS
A "hacktivist" expert explains the problems of a cyberwar.
- In Black Friday border mall battles, Canada tries to outshine U.S. deals
- This year, some Canadian border malls are plotting to steal not only the U.S. Black Friday sales tradition, but also, American shoppers. The hope is the weak dollar will help convince both Canadians and Americans that the best deals lie north of the border.
- Analysis The high cost of the low-interest rate war on savers
- When even a consumer advocate like Ralph Nader says enough with the cheap money, maybe it's time for central bankers to rethink their low interest rate policies, which have transferred wealth from savers to debtors, Neil Macdonald writes.
- New Change to preferential ballot would benefit Liberals video
- The Liberals promise that the 2015 election will be the last to have been decided by the first-past-the-post electoral system. Though proportional representation is a potential replacement, the Liberals' preferred option of a preferential ballot would play in their favour.
- New ISIS: 5 essential things to know about the jihadi group's ideology
- Recent terror attacks in Paris, Beirut and Ankara are unsettling evidence of ISIS’s power to destabilize foreign countries. A closer look at the group’s ideology may help explain its often confounding approach.
- New Laquan McDonald case: 5 questions in the fatal Chicago police shooting video
- Graphic video released this week shows a white police officer fatally shooting a black teen in Chicago 13 months ago, a case that has now culminated in first-degree murder charge against Chicago police officer Jason Van Dyke.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.