- Alan Doyle Newfoundland's music star has a new memoir about his small-town beginnings.
Newfoundland's music star has a new memoir about his small-town beginnings.
- Exclusive Ottawa shooting: The face-to-face encounter that ended the attack on Parliament video
- CBC News has learned dramatic new details about the final seconds of Wednesday's attack on Parliament Hill - and the crucial role Sergeant-at-Arms Kevin Vickers played in ending the threat. Evan Solomon has the story.
- Exclusive Ottawa shooting: Zehaf-Bibeau used junk mail as temp licence plate
- CBC News has learned Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, the man who attacked Parliament Hill and killed a reservist on Wednesday, drove around for almost 24 hours with a piece of junk mail taped in the rear window of his car in place of a real temporary licence plate.
- Justin Bourque could get consecutive life terms for Mountie killings
- When the sentencing process for Moncton, N.B., RCMP killer Justin Christien Bourque unfolds starting Monday, the legal community will be watching to see how new legislation applies to the case.
- Analysis Ebola quarantines in U.S.: are they warranted? video audio
- News that a doctor in New York was diagnosed with Ebola following his return to the U.S. has prompted a spate of new and mandatory quarantines for people who have had contact with Ebola patients. But some critics say the new measures aren't medically necessary.
- Infographic Young Canadian radicals who've travelled overseas
- Passport control and radicalization have come under close scrutiny this week, following the terror attacks in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec and Ottawa. In recent years, at least seven extremists are known to have travelled overseas from Canada to participate in terrorism-related activities.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.