- In Their Own Words A unique, intimate look at the personal stories revealed by the TRC.
In Their Own Words
A unique, intimate look at the personal stories revealed by the TRC.
- Live 'Words are not enough' to atone for residential schools: Justice Murray Sinclair video
- The Truth and Reconciliation Commission has found that what took place in residential schools "amounts to nothing short of cultural genocide," chair Justice Murray Sinclair said in releasing the commission's key recommendations Tuesday. CBCnews.ca is carrying reaction to the report live.
- Breaking Sepp Blatter to resign as FIFA president
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter announced today he will resign from soccer's world governing body amid a widening corruption scandal and has promised to call for fresh elections to choose a successor.
- C-51 could trigger NDP/Liberal coalition, conservatives warn
- As the government's proposed anti-terror bill heads towards the legislative finish line, some of its more conservative-minded critics are warning Prime Minister Stephen Harper that its passage could carry a heavy cost for his party when they hit the campaign trail later this year.
- Sarah Hoffman weight insults show sexism still an issue in politics, expert says video
- Comments about the weight of Health Minister Sarah Hoffman show sexism is still an issue for women in Alberta politics, a gender studies lecturer says.
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission urges Canada to confront 'cultural genocide' of residential schools video
- Canada needs to move from "apology to action" if reconciliation with Aboriginal Peoples is to succeed, the Truth and Reconciliation Commission says in its final report, which includes 94 recommendations for change in policies and the "way we talk to, and about, each other."
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.