- The Inspirational Nelson Mandela The anti-apartheid leader who was an inspiration to so many
The Inspirational Nelson Mandela
The anti-apartheid leader who was an inspiration to so many
- From The Archives Nelson Mandela's conversation with Barbara Frum, three days after leaving prison
From The Archives
Nelson Mandela's conversation with Barbara Frum, three days after leaving prison
- Updated Nelson Mandela: South Africa declares week of mourning video
- South African President Jacob Zuma has declared a week of mourning for Nelson Mandela that will include several services, ending with burial in the anti-apartheid icon's ancestral home of Qunu in the Eastern Cape, on Dec. 15.
- Healthy eating adds $2K a year to family grocery bill
- A family on a healthy diet can expect to pay $2,000 more a year for food than one having less nutritious meals, say researchers who recommend that the cost gap be closed.
- New Japan tsunami's huge size blamed on slimy, slimy fault
- Scientists, including from Montreal's McGill University, think they now know why the devastating 2011 tsunami off the coast of Japan was so much bigger than expected.
- Analysis Nelson Mandela dies: The Lincoln of Africa and just as complex video audio
- In an earlier time, Abe Lincoln had to find a way to end slavery that his supporters could accept; Mandela had to reconcile former blood enemies around a vision both could embrace. As Brian Stewart writes, we must never lose sight of how much horror Mandela's mastery spared the world.
- How Nelson Mandela found inspiration in Canada video
- Canada bestowed its highest accolades and even honorary citizenship upon Nelson Mandela, and the legendary freedom fighter often described the country as a source of inspiration throughout his struggle for racial equality in South Africa.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
Watch the latest National online newscast.
Watch The National Mobile.
Download The National Mobile podcast.
Watch The National Mobile on your mobile device.
CBC Television Sunday - Friday 10pm ET, 10:30 NT
Saturday 6pm ET CBC News Network Monday - Saturday 9pm, 11pm ET/PT
Sunday 9pm ET
- FLAG OF MANY FACES
- Had your picture taken as part of a massive Canadian flag project? Find your face and tell us your story.
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Inside the News with Peter Mansbridge
- Exclusive behind the scenes videos, photo galleries, columns and special recommendations from Peter Mansbridge.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.
- Adrienne Arsenault
- Adrienne reports on everything from conflicts and natural disasters to politics and personal stories.
- Reg Sherren
- With a mix of curiousity, sensitivity, and humour, Reg shares some of his favourite stories.