- Updated Ukraine troops take checkpoint north of Slaviansk
- Ukrainian troops with five light armoured vehicles took control of a checkpoint north of Slaviansk on Thursday after pro-Russian separatists appeared to abandon the position, Reuters journalists said from the scene.
- Exclusive Cosimo Commisso link to Toronto construction firm prompts union to ask for police probe video
- Canada's largest construction union has called on the police to investigate a company it has dealings with, prompted by queries by CBC and the Toronto Star about possible connections to organized crime.
- Analysis Heartbleed bug delay begs explanation from Revenue Canada
- Even with the arrest last week of an alleged culprit in the theft of the private data of about 900 Canadians, the taxman is still unwilling or unable to say why it didn't act faster to prevent an attack on its web servers that exploited the Heartbleed software bug. Was ignorance, a failure to act or braggadocio to blame?
- New David Cameron's 'Christian country' remarks fuel mini media frenzy
- British Prime Minister David Cameron has created a secular stir after saying that Britain should be "more confident" in its status as a Christian country. Opinion polls and surveys done over the past few years show that most Brits describe themselves as having no religion.
- B.C. earthquake: 6.6 magnitude quake hits near Port Alice
- A 6.6 magnitude earthquake struck Wednesday night shortly aftter 8 p.m. PT. The epicentre was located 40 kilometres southwest of Port Alice, according to the Pacific Tsunami Information Centre.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- FLAG OF MANY FACES
- Had your picture taken as part of a massive Canadian flag project? Find your face and tell us your story.
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.