- Pulling No Punches The Polaris Prize winner's controversial seal hunt stand.
Pulling No Punches
The Polaris Prize winner's controversial seal hunt stand.
- New Ebola virus in Liberia creates body recovery dangers
- The wail of an ambulance doesn't always mean help is on the way in Liberia's capital. Instead, it often signals the arrival of a "dead body management team" tasked with safely collecting and disposing of the corpses of people who died in confirmed or suspected cases of Ebola.
- Analysis Look around, ISIS's acolytes are just apprentices at atrocity
- The civil war in the Congo has claimed over five million lives and offered up some of the worst atrocities of any age. So why again are we focusing so much more attention on ISIS, Neil Macdonald asks.
- Updated Checked-bag fees may heighten carry-on chaos video
- Some flights are already loaded with excess carry-on luggage, but experts predict that carry-on chaos is about to go sky-high as passengers lug even more on board to avoid paying new fees for checked baggage.
- Hong Kong protests: 5 things to know about the 'umbrella revolution'
- China's decision to restrict candidate nominations for Hong Kong's election for chief executive has sparked massive protests, with area residents and police engaged in a tense standoff dubbed the "umbrella revolution."
- Updated Canadian GDP unchanged in July
- Canada's economy was essentially unchanged in July, Statistics Canada says, as a slowdown in the mining, and oil and gas industries was offset by an uptick in manufacturing and the public sector.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.