- Prime Minister Stephen Harper Sits down with Peter Mansbridge for a year-end interview
Prime Minister Stephen Harper
Sits down with Peter Mansbridge for a year-end interview
- Watch It Again How a hockey scandal pushed campus sexual assaults into the spotlight.
Watch It Again
How a hockey scandal pushed campus sexual assaults into the spotlight.
- New Cuba's future unclear despite new relationship with U.S. video
- The historic news that the U.S. and Cuba are restoring diplomatic relations after five decades of hostility was greeted with jubilation in Cuba, but significant change may take time.
- Analysis MP Glenn Thibeault's defection leaves the NDP feeling 'hurt'
- Sudbury MP Glenn Thibeault's defection from the federal NDP to the Ontario Liberals left some in his former party feeling "slapped in the face." That may be a good way to sum up the entire party's reaction.
- Anti-marijuana ad's dubious claim a scary hit with parents
- Health Canada's focus-group testing of anti-marijuana ads found parents reacted most strongly to claims that smoking too many joints can lower IQ in young people. The IQ effect has been challenged by medical researchers, but the department launched a TV and internet campaign asserting the claim anyway.
- Analysis U.S. torture debate underscores shifting view on personal liberties audio
- Torture, police excesses, 'felony creep.' For a country built around personal liberty and the rule of law, some things are surely changing, Neil Macdonald writes.
- Pakistani Taliban attack: Why insurgents killed 132 schoolchildren in cold blood video
- The cold-blooded killing of 132 children at a military-run school in Peshawar was carried out by a weakened organization of what one expert describes as "psychopathic" militants, bent on exacting revenge against the Pakistani army, while trying to prove they are still relevant.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.