- The Deficit Debate | At Issue Things got heated this week as the three main parties ramp up the rhetoric around the D-word...deficit.
The Deficit Debate | At Issue
Things got heated this week as the three main parties ramp up the rhetoric around the D-word...deficit.
- Stock Market Shock | The Bottom Line This week's market mayhem was sudden and dramatic. Some analysis from The Bottom Line Panel.
Stock Market Shock | The Bottom Line
This week's market mayhem was sudden and dramatic. Some analysis from The Bottom Line Panel.
- Mike Duffy trial: Former, current PMO aides' court chat showed 'poor judgment'
- A former director of issues management at the Prime Minister's Office who was being cross-examined at the Mike Duffy trial may not have been acting improperly by chatting at the Ottawa courthouse with the current holder of the job, but it showed poor judgment, criminal lawyers say.
- Analysis To fix Canada's infrastructure, billions are just drops in the bucket video
- Over the years, governments at all levels have been reluctant to take on debt and to run deficits in order to put money into projects that sometimes take years, if not decades to complete. But it hasn’t always been this way.
- Calgary air quality reading affected by spider in monitoring station
- A bug in the system that monitors the skies over Calgary has caused an artificial spike in the air quality health index, giving a reading of 10+ when it should have been just four.
- Céline Dion returns to Vegas stage with 1st show in a year
- Canadian singing superstar Céline Dion is back in Las Vegas for the first time since she halted her career in 2014 to care for her ailing husband René Angélil.
- Washington Stickpin wildfire has B.C. communities watching weather with hope
- The threat of wind-blown "ember showers" has left the B.C. communities of Grand Forks and Christina Lake in a smoky limbo, as residents wait to see what happens with the weather.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.