- Alan Doyle Newfoundland's music star has a new memoir about his small-town beginnings.
Newfoundland's music star has a new memoir about his small-town beginnings.
- Cpl. Nathan Cirillo's family: 'He belonged to all of us' video
- Cpl. Nathan Cirillo's family released a statement Friday evening as thousands of Canadians lined highway overpasses and Main Street in Hamilton to honour the soldier as his body was brought home.
- Exclusive Ottawa shooting: The face-to-face encounter that ended the attack on Parliament video
- CBC News has learned dramatic new details about the final seconds of Wednesday's attack on Parliament Hill - and the crucial role Sergeant-at-Arms Kevin Vickers played in ending the threat. Evan Solomon has the story.
- Jaylen Fryberg reportedly targeted cousins in Washington school shooting video
- Authorities are seeking a motive as to why a high school student in Washington shot dead a female classmate and wounded four others in a campus cafeteria before killing himself.
- Analysis Ebola quarantines in U.S.: Are they warranted? video audio
- News that a doctor in New York was diagnosed with Ebola following his return to the U.S. has prompted a spate of new and mandatory quarantines for people who have had contact with Ebola patients. But some critics say the new measures aren't medically necessary.
- Infographic Young Canadian radicals who've travelled overseas
- Passport control and radicalization have come under close scrutiny this week, following the terror attacks in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec and Ottawa. In recent years, at least seven extremists are known to have travelled overseas from Canada to participate in terrorism-related activities.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.