- Updated 'Mr. Big' stings get stricter rules from Supreme Court
- The Supreme Court of Canada has upheld a lower court ruling that ordered a new trial for a Newfoundland murder suspect. The justices ruled that so-called Mr. Big stings like the one that convicted Nelson Hart can be used but also pose major problems.
- Gaza conflict: Israel calls up 16,000 more reserves video
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says Israel will destroy the Hamas tunnel network in the Gaza Strip "with or without a ceasefire," as the Israeli military called up another 16,000 reservists to pursue its campaign in the densely populated Palestinian territory.
- Updated Marijuana advocate Marc Emery vows 'political revenge' against Tories video
- B.C. marijuana advocate Marc Emery vows to take political revenge on the Conservative government once he is finally released from U.S. custody and returns to Canada later next month. Emery spoke to CBC in his first interview since being transferred from a U.S. prison to a private deportation facility in Louisiana.
- Summer anomaly brings chilly days to residents between sweltering coasts
- Scorching temperatures are setting records this week as heat waves roll over Canada’s East and West, while residents in Central Canada who are experiencing a particularly chilly summer are left longing for a few sweltering days.
- New Soccer goal deaths: This has happened before video
- An Illinois family has been working since 2003 to raise awareness about the dangers of unsecured soccer nets since their son's death, an issue that became high profile just this week when a 15-year-old girl from Ontario was killed in a similar accident.
Send feedback and questions about The National
For questions not related to The National, please contact the CBC.
Watch The National Your Way
- Only in Canada
- Found something in your community that's quintessentially Canadian? Send us your ideas, pictures and videos.
- Submit your story
- Been wronged and want results? Want to hold the powers that be accountable? Go Public wants to hear from you.