Multi-touch concept for desktops: 10/GUI
- October 15, 2009 4:12 PM |
- By John Bowman
By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca
I'm a fan of alternative ideas for human-computer interaction, so this video caught my attention. It shows an idea for a ten-finger touchpad interface and associated changes in the way such a computer would handle multiple windows.
Watching my two-year-old daughter moving puzzle pieces around on my wife's iPhone with very little effort speaks to the intuitiveness of touch interfaces. And I like the idea of expanding the number of points with which you can interact with the computer from one with a mouse to 10 with a multi-touch surface.
- Previously: BumpTop, the (multitouch) slippery desktop
All News blogs
- Universe hates Higgs boson, Chicago Cubs
- By John Bowman, CBCNews. A physicist working on the Large Hadron Collider doesn't think much of the theory that the universe is sabotaging the project to prevent the discovery of the Higgs boson. Might as well say that Nature hates... Continue reading this post
- Large Hadron Collider goes Back to the Future
- By Peter Evans, CBCNews.ca. Two respected physicists have put forward the theory that the Large Hadron Collider's stated aim of finding the Higgs boson might be so abhorrent to nature that mysterious forces are traveling back through time and sabotaging... Continue reading this post
- Multi-touch concept for desktops: 10/GUI
- By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca. I'm a fan of alternative ideas for human-computer interaction, so this video caught my attention. It shows an idea for a ten-finger touchpad interface and associated changes in the way a computer would handle multiple windows.... Continue reading this post