Sony adds pizza-ordering button to PS3
- September 17, 2009 3:31 PM |
- By John Bowman
By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca. Sony is offering PlayStation 3 users quick access to Papa John's online pizza ordering website, but the effort pales in comparison to previous pizza-ordering apps in Everquest II and on TiVo.
The default home page on the PlayStation's web browser now has a link to Papa John's, but other than a few PS3-targeted ads, it's just the pizzeria's regular site. There doesn't appear to be any optimization for navigating using a game controller rather than keyboard-and-mouse. You could just as easily point the PS3's browser to the website of any pizza place.
Sony previously brought pizza ordering into the gaming world in 2005 with the /pizza command in Everquest II, which launched a pizza ordering menu right inside the game. The promotion with Pizza Hut has since ended, but it drew enough attention that rival game World of Warcraft announced its command to order Chinese food within the game... on April Fools' Day.
And TiVo allows its customers to order Domino's pizza — and track the progress of the pizza delivery — all within the TiVo's poppy, bubbly interface.
But really, is it that hard to put down the controller for a few minutes to pick up a phone?
All News blogs
- Universe hates Higgs boson, Chicago Cubs
- By John Bowman, CBCNews. A physicist working on the Large Hadron Collider doesn't think much of the theory that the universe is sabotaging the project to prevent the discovery of the Higgs boson. Might as well say that Nature hates... Continue reading this post
- Large Hadron Collider goes Back to the Future
- By Peter Evans, CBCNews.ca. Two respected physicists have put forward the theory that the Large Hadron Collider's stated aim of finding the Higgs boson might be so abhorrent to nature that mysterious forces are traveling back through time and sabotaging... Continue reading this post
- Multi-touch concept for desktops: 10/GUI
- By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca. I'm a fan of alternative ideas for human-computer interaction, so this video caught my attention. It shows an idea for a ten-finger touchpad interface and associated changes in the way a computer would handle multiple windows.... Continue reading this post