NFL's Ochocinco to use hand signals to tweet
- August 27, 2009 12:39 PM |
- By John Bowman
By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca.
Chad Ochocinco of the NFL's Cincinnati Bengals (formerly Chad Johnson: he changed his name to reference his uniform number, 85) says he plans on using hand-signals to get celebratory posts to his Twitter account after he scores.
During a webcast on his Ustream.tv channel, Ochocinco said he would choose one of his Twitter followers every week of the football season, fly them to the Bengals' home games, and work out a system of hand signals to get his tweets out.
Ochocinco is trying to get around a recently announced NFL ban on in-game Twittering, as part of its policy against players and team staff using cellphones during games.
Given that the NFL has an automatic 15-yard penalty for using props during touchdown celebrations, enacted in large part because of Ochocinco's flamboyant touchdown celebrations, he probably won't be breaking out semaphore flags in the end zone.
All News blogs
- Universe hates Higgs boson, Chicago Cubs
- By John Bowman, CBCNews. A physicist working on the Large Hadron Collider doesn't think much of the theory that the universe is sabotaging the project to prevent the discovery of the Higgs boson. Might as well say that Nature hates... Continue reading this post
- Large Hadron Collider goes Back to the Future
- By Peter Evans, CBCNews.ca. Two respected physicists have put forward the theory that the Large Hadron Collider's stated aim of finding the Higgs boson might be so abhorrent to nature that mysterious forces are traveling back through time and sabotaging... Continue reading this post
- Multi-touch concept for desktops: 10/GUI
- By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca. I'm a fan of alternative ideas for human-computer interaction, so this video caught my attention. It shows an idea for a ten-finger touchpad interface and associated changes in the way a computer would handle multiple windows.... Continue reading this post