Hulu coming to UK; Canadians grind teeth
- May 21, 2009 3:29 PM |
- By Paul Jay
By Paul Jay, CBC News.ca.
Canadians love their online video, but this love has always been tempered by a lack of choice, and if there is a lightning rod for the frustration that comes from that dichotomy, it's the video streaming site Hulu.
Having said that, one small comfort was that Hulu was only available in the U.S., so it wasn't like we were the only country unable access the videos -- unlike the situation with Skype for the iPhone.
Well, take comfort no more: Hulu is coming to the UK in September, according to reports Wednesday.
I suspected when I saw this news that it would unleash another round of online howling from Canadian technophiles, a group of people already a bit peeved at the current state of affairs in Canada.
Steve Hodson over at former TechCrunch blogger Duncan Riley's Inquisitr perhaps sums it up best: "What about the rest of us poor saps who will still find ourselves stuck behind the geotarding wall?"
All News blogs
- Universe hates Higgs boson, Chicago Cubs
- By John Bowman, CBCNews. A physicist working on the Large Hadron Collider doesn't think much of the theory that the universe is sabotaging the project to prevent the discovery of the Higgs boson. Might as well say that Nature hates... Continue reading this post
- Large Hadron Collider goes Back to the Future
- By Peter Evans, CBCNews.ca. Two respected physicists have put forward the theory that the Large Hadron Collider's stated aim of finding the Higgs boson might be so abhorrent to nature that mysterious forces are traveling back through time and sabotaging... Continue reading this post
- Multi-touch concept for desktops: 10/GUI
- By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca. I'm a fan of alternative ideas for human-computer interaction, so this video caught my attention. It shows an idea for a ten-finger touchpad interface and associated changes in the way a computer would handle multiple windows.... Continue reading this post