Skype for iPhone...1 million downloads in 2 days
- April 3, 2009 11:26 AM |
- By Paul Jay
by Paul Jay, CBCNews.ca. I think there should probably be a limit on the number of times we can post about one subject on the Tech blog, but it's worth mentioning that Skype is reporting that its iPhone application has been downloaded more than one million times in the first two days after it became available, which, as TechCrunch notes, works out to around six downloads every second.
Naturally, telephone carriers around the world aren't be too happy about this. Deutsche Telekom AG in Germany launched the first grenade on Thursday, saying it was considering banning the application. Other telcos, such as Telefonica, have said they are fine with the app, as long as it remains restricted to Wi-Fi networks, and not the carrier's 3G phone network.
All News blogs
- Universe hates Higgs boson, Chicago Cubs
- By John Bowman, CBCNews. A physicist working on the Large Hadron Collider doesn't think much of the theory that the universe is sabotaging the project to prevent the discovery of the Higgs boson. Might as well say that Nature hates... Continue reading this post
- Large Hadron Collider goes Back to the Future
- By Peter Evans, CBCNews.ca. Two respected physicists have put forward the theory that the Large Hadron Collider's stated aim of finding the Higgs boson might be so abhorrent to nature that mysterious forces are traveling back through time and sabotaging... Continue reading this post
- Multi-touch concept for desktops: 10/GUI
- By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca. I'm a fan of alternative ideas for human-computer interaction, so this video caught my attention. It shows an idea for a ten-finger touchpad interface and associated changes in the way a computer would handle multiple windows.... Continue reading this post