Jesse Brown: Last chance to chime in on Net Neutrality
- February 11, 2009 11:22 AM |
By Jesse Brown, CBC technology columnist.
Monday (Feb.16) is the CRTC's official deadline for public comments about traffic throttling and net neutrality. The comments will inform their hearings this summer, where the CRTC will decide whether or not to allow all manner of network "management". [Update: Our sources say the deadline has been extended until Feb. 23, but the CRTC would not confirm the news.]
If you care about this, say so now.
And here's some further background:
All News blogs
- Universe hates Higgs boson, Chicago Cubs
- By John Bowman, CBCNews. A physicist working on the Large Hadron Collider doesn't think much of the theory that the universe is sabotaging the project to prevent the discovery of the Higgs boson. Might as well say that Nature hates... Continue reading this post
- Large Hadron Collider goes Back to the Future
- By Peter Evans, CBCNews.ca. Two respected physicists have put forward the theory that the Large Hadron Collider's stated aim of finding the Higgs boson might be so abhorrent to nature that mysterious forces are traveling back through time and sabotaging... Continue reading this post
- Multi-touch concept for desktops: 10/GUI
- By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca. I'm a fan of alternative ideas for human-computer interaction, so this video caught my attention. It shows an idea for a ten-finger touchpad interface and associated changes in the way a computer would handle multiple windows.... Continue reading this post