Jesse Brown: Coalition confusion? Here’s your partisan toolkit
- December 3, 2008 12:11 PM |
By Jesse Brown, CBC technology columnist.
Coup! Coup! How dare they? I am so outraged!
I’ve been asked to report on how Canadians on the web have reacted to the current political turmoil.
Here’s an educated guess: by looking up “prorogue”.
Then maybe some wiki-research on Canada’s Parliamentary system.
After that, everybody chose a side and started creating online petitions, Facebooks groups, Youtube videos and the rest. Here’s a roundup:
- Rally for Canada Blogging Tory Stephen Taylor’s homebase for pro-conservative rally-planning, with a handy tweet-feed.
- Canadians4democracy Prince-syntaxed petition against the coalition and the NDP’s “secret agenda”. 80,000+ sigs and counting!
Coalition government? Uh….yes! of course! What’s the big deal?
- Make Parliament Work Rally-planning pro-coalition site. Bonus: logo makes Canada look like Disney’s Magic Kingdom!
- Canadians for a Progressive Coalition Hastily-produced cutesy video urges signatures for a pro-co-alish petition (18,000+ at the moment).
- Is Harper Prime Minister? Hopeful countdown from anti-Conservative minimalists.
All News blogs
- Universe hates Higgs boson, Chicago Cubs
- By John Bowman, CBCNews. A physicist working on the Large Hadron Collider doesn't think much of the theory that the universe is sabotaging the project to prevent the discovery of the Higgs boson. Might as well say that Nature hates... Continue reading this post
- Large Hadron Collider goes Back to the Future
- By Peter Evans, CBCNews.ca. Two respected physicists have put forward the theory that the Large Hadron Collider's stated aim of finding the Higgs boson might be so abhorrent to nature that mysterious forces are traveling back through time and sabotaging... Continue reading this post
- Multi-touch concept for desktops: 10/GUI
- By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca. I'm a fan of alternative ideas for human-computer interaction, so this video caught my attention. It shows an idea for a ten-finger touchpad interface and associated changes in the way a computer would handle multiple windows.... Continue reading this post