Yahoo Photos - the end is near
- September 20, 2007 9:30 AM |
- By Paul Jay
by Paul Jay, CBCNews.ca
Back in June, people with their wedding, vacation and baby pictures stored on Yahoo Photos got a little notification telling them the end was near. Yahoo was shutting down the site in favour of its new acquisition Flickr, and the deadline date to get your photos off was Sept. 20, which is today.
But fear not. Yahoo has extended the deadline to Oct. 18. As the company writes: "Yahoo! Photos is closing on October 18, 2007 so we are no longer accepting new accounts or allowing users to upload photos if you don't already have photos in your account. We've decided to focus all our efforts on Flickr - the award-winning photo sharing community that has been called "completely addictive".
The company lets people with existing accounts on Yahoo transfer their files to Flickr before they go kaput. What you do with your photos after the 18th is up to you. But here are some ideas.
All News blogs
- Universe hates Higgs boson, Chicago Cubs
- By John Bowman, CBCNews. A physicist working on the Large Hadron Collider doesn't think much of the theory that the universe is sabotaging the project to prevent the discovery of the Higgs boson. Might as well say that Nature hates... Continue reading this post
- Large Hadron Collider goes Back to the Future
- By Peter Evans, CBCNews.ca. Two respected physicists have put forward the theory that the Large Hadron Collider's stated aim of finding the Higgs boson might be so abhorrent to nature that mysterious forces are traveling back through time and sabotaging... Continue reading this post
- Multi-touch concept for desktops: 10/GUI
- By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca. I'm a fan of alternative ideas for human-computer interaction, so this video caught my attention. It shows an idea for a ten-finger touchpad interface and associated changes in the way a computer would handle multiple windows.... Continue reading this post