David Suzuki convocation address webcast today
- June 7, 2007 1:40 PM |
- By Saleem Khan
by Saleem Khan, CBC News Online
David Suzuki is giving the convocation address at Ryerson University this afternoon, which will be webcast.
Neither Ryerson officials nor Suzuki's own staff were able to tell me exactly what the internationally known scientist, environmentalist and broadcaster will be talking about after he receives his honorary doctorate of sciences at the ceremony but one assumes he will make some reference to global climate change.
All News blogs
- Universe hates Higgs boson, Chicago Cubs
- By John Bowman, CBCNews. A physicist working on the Large Hadron Collider doesn't think much of the theory that the universe is sabotaging the project to prevent the discovery of the Higgs boson. Might as well say that Nature hates... Continue reading this post
- Large Hadron Collider goes Back to the Future
- By Peter Evans, CBCNews.ca. Two respected physicists have put forward the theory that the Large Hadron Collider's stated aim of finding the Higgs boson might be so abhorrent to nature that mysterious forces are traveling back through time and sabotaging... Continue reading this post
- Multi-touch concept for desktops: 10/GUI
- By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca. I'm a fan of alternative ideas for human-computer interaction, so this video caught my attention. It shows an idea for a ten-finger touchpad interface and associated changes in the way a computer would handle multiple windows.... Continue reading this post