Cybertalk rubbing you the wrong way?
- June 22, 2007 8:06 AM |
- By Paul Jay
by Shirley Connor, CBC News
Quick, know what that means?
It's the name for a web classification system, but apparently not a popular term among those surveyed by the British YouGov pollsters. The 2,091 adults surveyed didn't much like "cookie," "blog," or "blook" much either.
Which words make you, to use their terms -- wince, shudder or want to bang your head on the keyboard?
Nominations are now open.
All News blogs
- Universe hates Higgs boson, Chicago Cubs
- By John Bowman, CBCNews. A physicist working on the Large Hadron Collider doesn't think much of the theory that the universe is sabotaging the project to prevent the discovery of the Higgs boson. Might as well say that Nature hates... Continue reading this post
- Large Hadron Collider goes Back to the Future
- By Peter Evans, CBCNews.ca. Two respected physicists have put forward the theory that the Large Hadron Collider's stated aim of finding the Higgs boson might be so abhorrent to nature that mysterious forces are traveling back through time and sabotaging... Continue reading this post
- Multi-touch concept for desktops: 10/GUI
- By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca. I'm a fan of alternative ideas for human-computer interaction, so this video caught my attention. It shows an idea for a ten-finger touchpad interface and associated changes in the way a computer would handle multiple windows.... Continue reading this post