Nudity delays Halo 2 for PC
- May 28, 2007 1:32 PM |
- By Saleem Khan
by Saleem Khan, CBC News Online
Microsoft Corp. is delaying shipping science fiction action game Halo 2 for WindowsVista PCs after nudity was found in part of the software.
Anyone hoping to find that the high-resolution version of the game previously released for the original Xbox repeats the infamous Hot Coffee uproar that surrounded Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for prurient, political or other reasons will be sorely disappointed.
The offending content does not depict a hologram of the female artificial intelligence Cortana in compromising positions with top Spartan space Marine Master Chief or anything like it. Instead, a photo of a mischievous fellow's bare rump is found in part of the map-editing software.
All News blogs
- Universe hates Higgs boson, Chicago Cubs
- By John Bowman, CBCNews. A physicist working on the Large Hadron Collider doesn't think much of the theory that the universe is sabotaging the project to prevent the discovery of the Higgs boson. Might as well say that Nature hates... Continue reading this post
- Large Hadron Collider goes Back to the Future
- By Peter Evans, CBCNews.ca. Two respected physicists have put forward the theory that the Large Hadron Collider's stated aim of finding the Higgs boson might be so abhorrent to nature that mysterious forces are traveling back through time and sabotaging... Continue reading this post
- Multi-touch concept for desktops: 10/GUI
- By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca. I'm a fan of alternative ideas for human-computer interaction, so this video caught my attention. It shows an idea for a ten-finger touchpad interface and associated changes in the way a computer would handle multiple windows.... Continue reading this post