High-tech security at Palm
- May 31, 2007 11:50 AM |
- By Saleem Khan
by Saleem Khan, CBC News online
Palm Americas International president Michael Moskowitz was showing me the Foleo wireless e-mail, documents and web browsing smartphone companion yesterday prior to its launch and mentioned that he often uses the device at home - a little odd for a gadget designed for people on-the-go.
I asked him if home was the only place he uses it, considering it has been under wraps until now.
"Actually," he said, pausing for a moment as he searched around for something, "if you go down to the Palm campus [in Santa Clara, Calif.], everybody is walking around with one of these tucked under their arm."
He then slid the notepad-sized Foleo into a FedEx envelope, showing how Palm staff has been disguising it in public.
"It's hilarious," he said.
It seems that snail mail still has its benefits, even in the age of instantaneous e-mail communication.
All News blogs
- Universe hates Higgs boson, Chicago Cubs
- By John Bowman, CBCNews. A physicist working on the Large Hadron Collider doesn't think much of the theory that the universe is sabotaging the project to prevent the discovery of the Higgs boson. Might as well say that Nature hates... Continue reading this post
- Large Hadron Collider goes Back to the Future
- By Peter Evans, CBCNews.ca. Two respected physicists have put forward the theory that the Large Hadron Collider's stated aim of finding the Higgs boson might be so abhorrent to nature that mysterious forces are traveling back through time and sabotaging... Continue reading this post
- Multi-touch concept for desktops: 10/GUI
- By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca. I'm a fan of alternative ideas for human-computer interaction, so this video caught my attention. It shows an idea for a ten-finger touchpad interface and associated changes in the way a computer would handle multiple windows.... Continue reading this post