Joost TV commercial drops
- April 2, 2007 5:55 PM |
- By Saleem Khan
by Saleem Khan, CBC News Online
The internet-based TV startup Joost co-founded by the same guys who created voice over internet service Skype and file-sharing service Kazaa has its first TV commercial – which is particularly interesting since a lot of people I talk to seem to think the enterprise will be a TV-killer.
TechCrunch pointed us to a video posted on (what else?) YouTube, in which the forthcoming hybrid internet-based TV service is metaphorically explained as something concocted at the kitchen table.
Joost spokespeople didn't get back to us before we posted this, so we're not sure whether the commercial is an official one or a fan-created video. But it looks like interesting times [Real video 4:44] are ahead with everyone apparently jumping on the internet-based video bandwagon.
All News blogs
- Universe hates Higgs boson, Chicago Cubs
- By John Bowman, CBCNews. A physicist working on the Large Hadron Collider doesn't think much of the theory that the universe is sabotaging the project to prevent the discovery of the Higgs boson. Might as well say that Nature hates... Continue reading this post
- Large Hadron Collider goes Back to the Future
- By Peter Evans, CBCNews.ca. Two respected physicists have put forward the theory that the Large Hadron Collider's stated aim of finding the Higgs boson might be so abhorrent to nature that mysterious forces are traveling back through time and sabotaging... Continue reading this post
- Multi-touch concept for desktops: 10/GUI
- By John Bowman, CBCNews.ca. I'm a fan of alternative ideas for human-computer interaction, so this video caught my attention. It shows an idea for a ten-finger touchpad interface and associated changes in the way a computer would handle multiple windows.... Continue reading this post